SERVO? TRANSMITTER? RECEIVER? WTF?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

20180429_171223-1.jpg MY REDCAT RAMPAGE XR STEERING SERVO STOPPED WORKING so I sent for another. Same. After installing it, it ran a bit and within half of an hour, it locked to one side, and won't budge. It stopped working, dead. The eBay seller offered a replacement: same kind: Redcat-Racing steering servo. Same fate: it stopped receiving signals. Dead. The seller was kind enough to refund me.

I then bought another steering servo: a Track star fifth-scale steering servo, installed it and began to rip around my backyard track. Then just like that it stopped working and the vehicle was running straight off a bend. No steering input. It stopped responding to steering-wheel input. Then after a few minutes it kicked back into life. This keeps happening on and off.

So, I trouble-shot the receiver. (Maybe there was something wrong with the channel #1 slot on the receiver.) I plugged the throttle servo into the steering channel, and then I rotated the steering wheel left and right. The throttle servo worked excellently. For good measure, I plugged the steering servo into the throttle channel, and worked the trigger to and fro. The steering servo worked a bit, began glitching and then stopped. That told me that it was not a servo issue, that IT WAS THE STEERING SERVO.

Then I began to wonder if the problem was my FLYSKY FS-GT3B transmitter?

I have contacted eBay and requested a return, but I'm not sure where the problem emanates from?

Is it the servo? The reveiver? The transmitter?

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT?

Try moving the trim when the servo stops and see if the servo responds to trim.
I did EXTENSIVE research and came upon a guy with a somewhat close issue of servo-glitching. One of the things he tried was attaching FERRITE BEADS to the wires of his glitching servo. I did the The same: I took the ferrite bead from my killswitch cable and attached it to my steering servo wires. Then I filled my car's tank and ripped until it was empty, AND NOT ONCE DID THE STEERING SERVO GLITCH OR CUT OUT!

I think I can say, problem solved. And thanks for your suggestions of help, Guys. PEACE!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks