Setting up suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished replacing the front and rear shock towers along with a few other upgrades on my Losi DBXL.The problem now is that the wheels look to be off or better yet the camber toe in toe out seems to be off.How do you guys/gals set yours up?I have read a bunch of threads with people suggesting doing it by eye but I would rather buy a tool and make sure everything is set up correctly the only problem is 1/5 suspension tools of this kind are few and far between.Any recommendations on tools or setting up the suspension for a total newb?

Um So i've changed The front and rear shock towers and the shocks on my buggie and haven't changed anything with the alignment. I did however change out my tie-rods and I know I need to tweak one of them a little bit . She doesn't quite run straight.

In your manual there is a set up sheet in the back. It gives dimensions for the factory setting. From what tone replaced unless you got your shocks mounted in different holes in the top mount everything should be back to point "A" again. You may need to adjust for ride height that's about it as fat as I know.

I always like to make sure each link on the left is the same as its sister link on the left.

I tune by measuring the links with a Calliper tool and adjusting each one to be the same length and then tweak until everything looks to be rite.

I don’t do too bad using this method. I have finished 4th at my local club series for the last 3 years.

People ask me what camber do I run an I always say not sure? as I tune for the track Conditions ?

Stock servo saver as tight as I can make it but still get it to slip a bit. They have a tendency to work themselves loose. The alloy on alloy just binds and doesn't really slide, so the plastic is the easiest and cheapest to replace when they break.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks