Shock ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cagedcbr

Just wondering if any of you with a 5ive-t also have an LST, in pictures the shocks look very similar. I want to know if the springs for ths 5 will work on the LST shocks for my FG.

Nevermind, I found a comparison.

Last edited:
Just wondering if any of you with a 5ive-t also have an LST, in pictures the shocks look very similar. I want to know if the springs for ths 5 will work on the LST shocks for my FG.

Nevermind, I found a comparison.

Me again!

The super thick shafts throw the actual SIZE of the 5-ive T shocks I reckon.

Does anyone actually have a side-by-side photo of LST/LST2 shocks and 5-ive ones?

Al.

After some quick research I did find out the differences, LST=4mm shaft, 5ive-t=monster 7mm shaft. I'm not sure about internals but by this photo it does look like the spring perches are a little bigger on the 5ive, enough I believe would leave the bigger springs a little loose and wobbly on the LST perches. Imay have to wait until my local shop has some 5ive springs in stock and take an LST shock up with me.

055.jpg

Oh yeah and the shock mount balls are bigger but I don't know the size on the 5ive shocks, not a concern to me anyways.

Yup, I've never had a single drop of oil out of my LST's. I have bent a shaft but that was after smashing a curb when I finally had an open road after breaking in my new motor (didn't realise what an animal my LRP was going to be LOL)

Yup, I've never had a single drop of oil out of my LST's. I have bent a shaft but that was after smashing a curb when I finally had an open road after breaking in my new motor (didn't realise what an animal my LRP was going to be LOL)

I had a Z28RSpec3, then went to the ZR30Spec2 - they rip!!
Still quite strong, and I've a 'gold head Mach26' I can use as stand-by so I can't really consider a Z32 yet ...
Still interested in the Gas engine from HPI ....
As I always used to, I'm way :eek:ff-topic::eek:ff-topic: :D:eek:

Al.

Yeah my LRP came out not long after break in for an Axial .28 RR spec 1 or 2 (can't rememeber). My LST went from Racer to basher to roller and now it's about to loose it shocks too. Really it's downfall was the dual steering servos, I always seemed to have an issue with one servo or the other. I thought of running a single 7980 out of my crawler but I've only seen that set-up with no servo saver and I don't really care to blow up or strip out a $200 servo. So on the shelf stays:(

Yeah my LRP came out not long after break in for an Axial .28 RR spec 1 or 2 (can't rememeber). My LST went from Racer to basher to roller and now it's about to loose it shocks too. Really it's downfall was the dual steering servos, I always seemed to have an issue with one servo or the other. I thought of running a single 7980 out of my crawler but I've only seen that set-up with no servo saver and I don't really care to blow up or strip out a $200 servo. So on the shelf stays:(

I'm going to get hammered for this :D:eek::p:rolleyes:
I really like my LST2/Raminator - great truck (still prefer the FG MT even more, but the Ram's a great laugh).

I changed the servos to DIRECT - no saver - and of course stuffed a servo the first hit - it was a tree, even if it was a hidden stump, it was SOLID - more than the LST2!!

I upgraded - I've got the 'modification', using the MGT servo saver x2 - stiffer springs as it's made for one servo.
Then I fitted Airtronics twin 94780M MG servos - it turns without problem!! :w00t::lol:

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks