Shocks on Losi DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all when you guys upgrade your shocks on dbxl do you get the parts to build 4 losi 5t front shocks or buy second hand ones or something else
Watch ebay, don't go over $100.00 for 2 new or your a few dollars away from irc shocks. Got a complete set with shipping for $126.00 off Ebay, doing the bid wars. A nice used set could be had for about $80.00 - $100.00 for a full set (4) would be worth a rebuild.

Same reply as the thread 6 down from yours

For your shocks fit the DDM HD springs on all 4.
Shock oil...up the viscosity to 6000 CPS silicone diff oil.
Engine requires an alloy mount and shortened clutch case.
I own both a 5T and a DBXL and the shocks are very similar after the above is done, fitting the G320 on the other hand will lead to gearbox and drive shaft failures in the very near future.
FLM drive shafts and alloy gearcases solve that issue and then its much more reliable.
Cheers
Dave :)

Was night and day on mine. I had lots of bent shafts, leaking seals, poor rebound, and hated running diff fluid in the shocks. Went from handling like a brick, to handling pretty decent. 45wt fluid was about on point, and I swapped up to the next heavier DDM springs from stock.

Yep. Do t go over $100.00 including shipping for a set or you can buy irc shocks for a few bucks more. Last full set of 5ive t shocks I got I was in for around $126.00 for all 4 with shipping included.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks