siblues Losi DBXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you this the new bearings are a night and day comparison to the original Losi's.I have only driven the truck on grass and astro turf and the bearings sounded like they had sand in them and two of the eight bearings were having issues spinning freely.The truck has been driven less than two hours total.I am guessing the open wheel nuts are part of the problem but I could be wrong.

Back on topic... my experience with metal shielded bearings is that you don't run them in dirt or off road. They are freer spinning (considered high speed) than rubber sealed bearings but the rubber sealed ones do a much better job of keeping dirt out. Both have their uses and pros and cons. The metal shielded ones are easy to reoil and clean/reuse if you feel inclined to do so. My on road cars all use metal shielded bearings whereas my off road cars use rubber sealed. The rubber seals don't last long on my offroad rigs anyways. Once the seal gets bent or puncture, they're just as useless as any unsealed bearing. IMO they end up trapping dirt inside the seal and end up locking up much sooner than my metal shielded ones.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks