siblues Losi DBXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to post a few pics in here of my DBXL and the progress I have made so far.I purchased it new from Tower and it is my first ever 1/5 and other than my three quadcopters my first land based Rc.I will post up future upgrades in this thread and I am going to have tons of questions that many users on this thread will be friendly enough to answer or give their opinions on.Well here are a few pics.

Mods so far

Killer Rc Super Bee and taller battery box and receiver box lids with the lightbar mount
Are Rc front center and rear differentials,Front and rear upper chassis braces and shock towers
shock spring perches and clutch bell carrier
FullForce Rc front and rear chassis braces and cv shields
DGI servo horns and throttle brake bell crank
JetPro rear mount tuned pipe
Outerwears crankcase air filter and pull start pre filters
Lightbar leds

IMG_20191023_192950.jpgIMG_20191023_193708.jpgIMG_20191023_193754.jpgIMG_20191023_193659.jpgIMG_20191023_193824.jpgIMG_20191023_194007.jpgIMG_20191023_194025.jpg

Last edited:
This thing is going to get banged up and dirty be it intentionally or by simple user error my driving skills need some serious help.Today for instance I was just testing everything after I reassembled it and the servo stuck and the truck drove full speed into a car tire.Luckily it was only like ten feet away so it didn't build up enough speed to do any damage.I noticed after I got the servo sorted or at least I think I got it sorted that the rear wheels aren't spinning and removed and tightened and used gobs of Loctite the wheels are functioning as they should again.I hope I didn't break anything in the rear diff and the grub screw was really the problem?

I already have one but it was so short a distance that by the time I realized and used it was 2 feet away from the tire and forward momentum did the rest.I have a Super Bee installed.
Hey do any of you guys have any vids of how much smoke is normal when running these engines.I have a little smike when idling and off the line but some of the vids I see online they have tons of smoke and mine is just a small amount.

Last edited:
Well I mixed mine pretty rich like 26/27 to 1 and this is only like my third or fourth tank of gas through this thing and it has yet to be run full open throttle.I followed OBR's recommendations to set the needles on the carb to factory settings and then I adjusted them a bit richer just to be safe.I rather lose a bit of power than lean the motor out and destroy it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks