Side Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBracing

Hi all,

:confused: Is there anyone who has tried to run with a side exhaust on a FG Leo II 2 wd Comp.
Like it sits on the old FG Leo I. and if yes, what is the advantage / disadvantage of doing it .....???

Hi all,

:confused: Is there anyone who has tried to run with a side exhaust on a FG Leo II 2 wd Comp.
Like it sits on the old FG Leo I. and if yes, what is the advantage / disadvantage of doing it .....???

hi mate

haven't run a side pipe on my leopard , but did on my other cars.

disadvantage of side pipe
exhaust weight on one side of the car.
heat under the body shell

advantages of side pipe
lower center of gravity

advantages of rear exit pipe
weight over rear axle to help grip
less heat under the body shell

disadvantages of rear exit pipe
higher center of gravity

I owned a Leo 2 and currently own a Leo 4 and chose to run the rear exit pipe with both.

I know some guys that have run both and they all run rear exit pipes now because (a) the side pipe is hideously expensive (b) 1 careless side impact from another car and that thing crushes like an empty beer can (c) most say that the rear pipe performs better.

I owned a Leo 2 and currently own a Leo 4 and chose to run the rear exit pipe with both.

I know some guys that have run both and they all run rear exit pipes now because (a) the side pipe is hideously expensive (b) 1 careless side impact from another car and that thing crushes like an empty beer can (c) most say that the rear pipe performs better.

Are you running the Leo 2 rear pipe on your Leo 4? Or some other brand?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks