silenced or un-silenced exhaust

dirby

So which would be a better pipe the silenced one or the un silenced one?

Mattman1147

IMO, silenced pipes still are quit loud and they do rob the engine of some performance, however it might not be that significant of an amount to steer someone away. I just don’t care and love the BRrrap Brap noise my self.

dirby

BRrrap pap it is .
i ran my Baja in the same park for over 11 years than i got a vekta5 and put a 65 in it with a stright pipe on it .
ran it at the park a few times and was kicked out of there for to loud a pipe.
they sent me to a much bigger place to run and no joggers to tend with.
actuluy i have two places to run one is grass and one is a big parking lot.

Last edited:

Basher5iveT420

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
These engines will make noise no matter what exhaust you put on....

So Unless you’re running at a track that doesn’t allow it.

I say run the baddest loudest exhaust in the market.

evssv

I run a silenced dom v2 on baj5b...and 3x samba`s which r known to b on quitter side..losi5b,mtxl,mcdrrv4.....and a bart xp on my 5.....(y)..tbh not much difference in loudness apart from there tones...(y)

Last edited:

crucialRC

I run a Victory silenced on my 5ive B, Bartalone unsilenced on my Vekta.5, and DDM clone unsilenced on my Rovan baja. To me the 2 unsilenced seem loud as hell, especially when I start them in the garage before moving to the street.

evssv

I run a Victory silenced on my 5ive B, Bartalone unsilenced on my Vekta.5, and DDM clone unsilenced on my Rovan baja. To me the 2 unsilenced seem loud as hell, especially when I start them in the garage before moving to the street.
the garage will amplify the racket tenfold....o_Oo_Oo_O.....(y)

crucialRC

the garage will amplify the racket tenfold....o_Oo_Oo_O.....(y)
I know but the silenced victory isn't deafening in the garage like the other 2 unsilenced. I've started all in the garage before running on the street. With the 2 unsilenced I felt like I needed ear plugs. I'm just saying there is a difference.

Whoduh

Victory silenced on the 5ive T.
Booster silenced on the 5ive B.
Jetpro silenced on the DBXL.
They are all loud...but the time i had the silencer fall off of the DBXL, i really noticed a difference from across a field when running the car..it was much louder/sharper in your ear braaaaaaaaaap sound. The silenced pipe definitely had a more muted tone/sound to it...way less harsh on the ears...even from a distance.

rager33

all the guys out there that say UN SILENCED has more power have you done any testing. I have yet too see that this is true. all the testing I have done proved they make the same power. the unsilenced pipe has a higher pitch witch gives the illusion it's faster.