SilverBack RC Heavy Duty beadlock rings- Inners, Outters and Lipped Outters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
I started to use the SilverBack RC HD and HD Lipped Beadlock rings when they first were out. The stock and stock HD rings were ok, but after time, would tend to bend and deform. The rear inners sometimes would split, and bolts would be pulled thru occasonally. They worked good, but after some runtime took a beating, and needed replaced. So when Neal announced he was bringing some new rings to market, I was eager to try them out.

Neal sent me a pair to Brutalize before producton commenced. It was just prior to winter at the time, so didnt get much use on them. Now (way overdue now), to date, (over a yrear later) i still have the prototype pair of rings Neal sent me to test out, installed. And I am happy to say, they are still holding up very well. The inners have a bit of a bow between each bolt, but for the amount of abuse and runtime they have seen, its amazing they are in one piece still.
I would of had to repalce the stockers a LONG time ago, and a few times by now.

Needless to say, the SilverBack RC HD Inner, Outter, and HD Lipped bead lock rings, are an excellent buy. The material used is very high quality blend developed for this purpose. Any more info than that is protected by Silverback for understandable reasons. I just know that when I hit them with a 3 lb sledge on some wood, and took a SHARP kitchen knife and struck the sharp edge against the side of the rings, hard enough to mimick hitting a piece of glass or metal with the wheels, the rings only showed a few small marks, and a couple nicks on the outter edge from the knife, but nothing of any seriousness to mention. I treid the same thing on the stock rings and the damage was considerably more.

I have a new set here ready to install, and I'll grab some pictures doing the same tests and post them up in the next few days. I am very impressed with their overall quality and now, nearly 2 yrs later, I am very happy to say these things just durable and work great.

I have them installed on stock B and T rims, with a mixture of stock and Hostile Hobby Foams, with Hostile Hobby MX, MTXs, Mini, Mini V2, and the front MX Minis and the HPI front Blocks tires.

I have only had one MX bead pull out of the rear Beadlock rings. This happend rather often with the stock rings, and even happened once with my Threshold 7075 BL rings.
They have been holding up Very well. I have not pulled a bolt thru them, and they are all in one piece and still going well.

If your looking for a good install and forget Beadlock ring, just pickup the Silverback RC HD Inner and HD Lipped BL rings. The HD non lipped outter rings work very well, but are more suited to the front, NON DRIVE wheels.

And at 15.00 for a set of 4 inner, 4 outter, or 4 outter Lipped BLs, they are a very inexpensive upgrade. Well worth the cost of admission! If you use the SilverBack RC Beadlock bolts, you will have basically the untimate setup. SilverBacks bl bolts are a corse thread bolt, that is longer than stock. So they Really bite into the rim and are far less likely to pull out. I have been using 4-40 x 1/2 in bolts and a 4-40 nut with good results, but its a bit heavier setup.

DSCN5982.jpg
DSCN5857.jpg

I will update with more pics of the other sets over the next couple days as well.

Timmahh

Neal at Silverback Just announced Rims for the 5T and 5B. They should be ready in about 2 or 3 weeks. and a new style around 10 weeks later...

These are going to be a welcomed item. i have no less then 4 pair of rear B rims with stripped hexes. going to have to mix up some JB Weld and get them fixed up until i can get some of these new silverback rims.

Just installed inner and outer, without foam, air tight paddle like described by Thimmahh, awesome..!!

Newer HPI wheel are metal center molded in the wheel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks