Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

SLD Killer tires

Discussion in 'General Large Scale RC' started by SELWA, Mar 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. SELWA

SELWA Well-Known Member

Just wondering who has tried these? I'm thinking about getting a set but not sure where to buy them from. The going price seems to be around $150CAD for 4 glued wheels. Then shipping would be around $40 or so at the most.

They would also have to have a offset so my brakes don't rub. From what I've seen most of them are mounted on Lauterbacher rims too!

479upv4.gif

#1 SELWA, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. whizzy

whizzy Well-Known Member

hi selwa i got a set of these a month ago excellent set of tyres for offroad a good quality all round tyre for grass mud blaze sand etc i run yellow dot on back and blue dot on front at the time i also bought a set of pmt offroad tyres which i haven't tried yet due to waiting till new shell is painted
    i use nothing but lauterbacher rims good quality rim with square protector and run fine with the hydros

pmt tyres can be found here

http://www.rapid-racing.co.uk/details.asp?CatID=21&CatName=1/5%20Tyres.com&SubCatID=116&SubCatName=Off%20Road&paging=1&ID=8980

and also DLD have brought out the maxi splitter which can be found here

http://www.rapid-racing.co.uk/details.asp?CatID=21&CatName=1/5%20Tyres.com&SubCatID=&SubCatName=&paging=1&ID=11806

3. SELWA

SELWA Well-Known Member

Good to hear!! Funny thing is that I have those PMT tires! They are mounted on Leopard rims. I bought them from a friend of mine for $100CAD!! How sweet is that!!