smartech titan or redcat racing 4x4???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

whci one would you reccomend?? i bought a baja but i returned it in the end. because i want 4x4 truck not a buggy. so i was wondering if the titan was a good truck for the price. waht about the red cat racing 1/5th scale truck??? and MCD's are out of the question as i am not willing to spend 3000 dollars on a rc car up front. and waht about parts support? could i get decent part support for the titan? and were can i get redcat parts? thanks again as this is an investment of fun for me so i want to make a good choice. thanks again.

i also forgot waht is commonly broken on the titan? and by that i mean a weak part that must be replaced to insure fun. i usually use my rcs in the street and at teh sand dunes in glamis and at the atv or random dirt tracks i find. i don't try to get super air borne so that doesn't have to be factored in. thanks again.

Redcat one isnt out yet so noone is going to be able to give a comparison. Titan is ggod for the $$ but the redcat maybe even better if they have tried to improve on existing designs.

i hear alot from redcat nitro owners saying how good theirs is. maybe the 1/5th will be similar. by looking at it in the few pics i have seen, the redcat looks like a blown up himoto buggy. and to me, they look CHEAP. but looks don't mean poop in a durability contest.

atm i would suggest the Smartech as they have been around for awhile. appear to have decent parts support, and don't seem to need as much help of hopups to become a pretty decent unit. i think the smartechs also use Zenoah motors, so that another plus if they infact do.

i hear alot from redcat nitro owners saying how good theirs is. maybe the 1/5th will be similar. by looking at it in the few pics i have seen, the redcat looks like a blown up himoto buggy. and to me, they look CHEAP. but looks don't mean poop in a durability contest.

atm i would suggest the Smartech as they have been around for awhile. appear to have decent parts support, and don't seem to need as much help of hopups to become a pretty decent unit. i think the smartechs also use Zenoah motors, so that another plus if they infact do.

Not on Titan, they just come with 28cc which is enough to have fun with. But if you after more power and speed you'll need to upgrade the engine and add descent exhaust like DDM or Jetpro.

I haven't broken any parts yet coz I'm still using the stocker engine. I trash the stocker to get a good excuse to buy a new engine:clown:

wow alright so i guess ima wait till the redcat racing one comes out becasue that one seems cool too. i sorta like the titan i just don't want to have to wait 2 weeks for parts and what not.

monster you have a titan don't you?? waht are your thoughts so far on it? and what have you done in modifications and have you needed too do these or where these items just to make it look nicer? thanks a lot you guys rock!

wow alright so i guess ima wait till the redcat racing one comes out becasue that one seems cool too. i sorta like the titan i just don't want to have to wait 2 weeks for parts and what not.

monster you have a titan don't you?? waht are your thoughts so far on it? and what have you done in modifications and have you needed too do these or where these items just to make it look nicer? thanks a lot you guys rock!

i think you can get most of the parts you need here

http://www.largescalerc.com/SmartechParts.html

yeah i realized that. i also phrased it wrong lol. i meant like i didnt want to buy something just to have to wait 2 weeks to get replacement parts. the only thing is those parts are more expensive. so i guess getting the hop up versions would be smarter after the stock parts give up? also what engines could i use with the titan?

Well I've driven my Titan pretty hard but so far I haven't broken any thing yet(touch wood) Only issue I had dog bones popping out but after installing Elcon conical springs from Mike at Powerslide it solved it:cool2: I have locked the center diff, added return throttle spring, extended the front bumper, change to thicker shock oil, change the batt, reposition the switch. I've also added an Xcan and it did help to wake up the engine a little, even my mate Allanach was surprised. I like the truck the way it is............well maybe different body paint will be nice:clown:

thanks monster good to hear that.I guess if I want to be impatient I could get the titan LOL but I'm going to wait till next month atleadt to see what the redcat model is made of.thanks a lot you guys have helped out a lot.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks