So I bought a 30 Degree North Buggy (Roller)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is that track located? I'm in Issaquah, looking for a 5th scale play area. How's the buggy holding up?

I have battery 1/6th scale formula offroad buggy that runs on 6S, its fun but is there to be just abused endlessly.
If you can fit a big battery in the DNB or multiple smaller ones that could be the way to go.
Will keep the weight low and help with handling.
Pro's and con's with both.
Could always go petrol DNB and then once 5B becomes available go electric 5B??
Just to throw more options in the mix.
Anybody know where I can buy the electric conversion kit for my 30degree north buggy?

Anybody know where I can buy the electric conversion kit for my 30degree north buggy?
would be the same conversion kit as the losi 5b, so if you can find one for the losi 5b that should be the one but i cant guarantee that everything will line up because i don't know if they are identical like the 30dnt sct is identical to the 5t

would be the same conversion kit as the losi 5b, so if you can find one for the losi 5b that should be the one but i cant guarantee that everything will line up because i don't know if they are identical like the 30dnt sct is identical to the 5t
Thanks

Everybody has to go to thunder rc you tube dude , he's all over this buggy and he's the best there is at e conversion and dam well IS. The KING OF MID FLIGHT DRIVING , he sends this truck 50 ft. In the air several times and says it's the toughest thing in the market , before you make any duribility calls on this thing you have to see what this guy does with this buggy , UNBELIEVABLE , to say the least , if you watch his stuff you will want one !! I sure as heck do , but I'm looking for the roller and e conversion , can't fly a big bore engine and do triple flips and double back flips

Where is that track located? I'm in Issaquah, looking for a 5th scale play area. How's the buggy holding up?
Maltby
Sorry guys. I haven't been keeping up to date. The buggy is built and rippin! I've had zero issues with it but I do want a center diff. Other than that, I have zero issues with it.

It surely will.
The urge to race each other will win out.
oh if he comes over one day whilst im about i will surely be getting my 30N losi 5t clone out to give a blast with him although i will certainly loose considering ive got a 29cc and weigh more whereas he's thinks of putting a taylor 35 in and it'll be lighter :rolleyes:

ever get a center diff put in it? hows it been holding up? i've got a mate who wants to buy one to use but hasnt got the space to work on it so he said i can have it, run it and maintain it then he'll come use it when he can. and then obviously i pay for parts i break and he pays me to fix what he breaks.
No unfortunately the company that was making the center diffs, stopped making them. Other than that the car has held up great although it has been sitting for awhile as I broke the starter, then I cherry picked a couple parts from it, now I'm in the process of getting it back up and running for coming spring. Excellent buggy though and now that the 5ive-B is permanently discontinued I think the aftermarket will start to shift to the 30dnb some more. That's a helluva friend btw, ain't no way in hell any of my homes storing my rigs lol

No unfortunately the company that was making the center diffs, stopped making them. Other than that the car has held up great although it has been sitting for awhile as I broke the starter, then I cherry picked a couple parts from it, now I'm in the process of getting it back up and running for coming spring. Excellent buggy though and now that the 5ive-B is permanently discontinued I think the aftermarket will start to shift to the 30dnb some more. That's a helluva friend btw, ain't no way in hell any of my homes storing my rigs lol
Suppose you could say he’s a pretty good mate, think it’s only because he isn’t permitted to have petrol cars in the house and I’ve got a shed and the knowledge to work on it. He ain’t the brightest 😂

Hey guys so I have always wanted a Losi 5ive-B and have looked very hard for over a year and a half, somewhere between that time I came across a car called the 30 Degree North Buggy 30DNB is how it is referred to. Unfortunately they were only available overseas and proved to be just as hard to get ahold of. Well. I came across one for sale on Ebay, I placed a bid and the seller messaged me that I can get it much cheaper direct from their website kingmotorrc.com and omg they just took delivery of shipment of them.

Furthermore they had a black Friday sale going on and so I was able to get it ordered to my door for about $600 for the roller its about 1k for the rtr but comes with stuff id toss to the side anyway.

Anyway there isn't much information floating around on this car so I figured I'd bit the bullet and contribute to the community. Hopefully this brings attention to the car and get people excited about a "new" gas buggy. From what I can tell much of the car shares parts with the 5ive-b but imo looks much better and they have sorted some of the overheating issues. I'm still waiting on the package, it arrives next week sometime. This is great cause it give me time to figure out how to hide it from my wife hahaha.

I'll post up some generic pics I found online until mine arrives.

Btw I did speak to Sean with OBR today about getting a motor and custom pipe for it. So that will be coming soon as well.
Do you have any updates after purchase ....Looking to buy cause there is no Losi 5 available. Is this car competitive on the track?

My buddy just bought one of the red model RTR and is a decent truck for the price.

Last edited:
If you can tolerate the "aaaw shucks, beach boy" personality of Rocky on his YouTube Channel "Thunder RC".......he has many videos on 30DN buggies. I have a 30DN DTT-7 truck based on his reviews and abuse of these platforms.

I have just finished building my 30DNB with a few upgrades .
Fitted a 30DN 38 engine , longer LT alloy arms and drive shafts , alloy steering and hubs, centre diff (had to machine mount to fit and machine rear coupling)
Just looking for a decent pipe now .
Loving the pre painted shells from RCMODELZ in the UK.
Got the new short filter as well, could not get away with the old v1 version at all.

pic3.jpg

bla.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

hgf.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks