So I had ordered......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Flysky Noble NB4 back at the beginning of May I think it was. I've been fascinated with this transmitter ever since it came on the market . Looks like it's super easy to program compared to my Futaba 4pls plus with the firmware updates they have made it is now a 8 channel radio. I ordered it through Amazon but it was Lotus Mall I think it was called. So at the end of last month I was expecting it to be delivered. Yea that didn't happen , it got delivered to someone in Mass. near Boston. Lotus Mall put the wrong delivery address on the damn package. Thankfully I got refunded for the purchase because of their screw up.

So I decided to try again and now I've ordered another NB4 through Banggood which is on a slow boat from China and due here On August 1st . Although on the bright side buying through Banggood it is cheaper . But it would probably been quicker to have it shipped to Doug and him sending it to me. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i got one from banggood. took a month to get but it's worth it. easy to program like you said. it comes with 2 rx. small and large. the small one doesn't have an antenna but gets a pretty good range. Comes with a rechargeable battery and another battery pack that slides on the bottom of the handle. also comes with a nice box too for that price range :ROFLMAO: E2A8336C-8F3B-4F0A-AE0A-F4C8EA73FC6A.jpeg976EEFEF-7892-43D9-97CE-45B05732D233.jpeg304D81F6-39E1-4C71-AE6B-85A2A9020B76.jpegB88D54D3-0A4A-4F3D-B571-0A85AF055C06.jpegDAE8F658-4ED1-4DC2-907C-3A7E50A39498.jpeg

Does the steering lock in place??

steering does not lock in place but it’s stays to wherever you position it. It does not move. You need to give it a push to move it.
How's it feel in your hand? Do you miss the big base of a normal radio? Can we get some better pics of the screen too?

feels nice. I’ve been using it with the kraken vekta. Honestly, I like both of my tx but I like the feel of the flysky better than my futaba. my first impression of the futaba 7pxr when I first held it in my hands is that it felt “cheap” and will easily break if accidentally dropped. The flysky feels like its well made, and durable. It’s smaller than the 7pxr, but it has weight to it at about 18 oz. I was also impressed with the packaging compared to the futaba 7pxr. Rx are also cheaper compared to futaba. If you’re looking to purchase the flysky I’d say go for it.

C7B1B9D8-28CF-4476-A58B-00FD236CF07E.jpeg83904903-66FA-4E1A-862C-43AAFDF584C7.jpegA2DAC7CF-331C-4C06-9B52-393E60D7B122.jpeg40796032-E543-47B9-B529-A4D030D03C86.jpeg0605AE1C-DE9D-4EEC-9BA3-699E4933DE1C.jpeg62064D23-CE51-46CA-A676-3BE85242DA67.jpeg

I had to update the firmware and update the recievers because my new reciever wouldnt bind.. Was kind of a pain but good thing there are videos on youtube that show how its done. The new firmware has more features

So if you have trouble binding the new receiver then it doesn't mean its broken. Just needs to be updated

Last edited:
Well I had a nice surprise when I got home today. Think I mentioned that I wasn't suppose to receive my Noble until 8-1. Well It came today. It is very nice. Seems very well balanced. Just finished charging it. Still need to update the Firmware. Then I'll need to update the receivers and bind them. I've got 2 longer range receivers and on mini receiver Now I need to figure out which RC's will be hooked up to the Flysky and which to the Futaba. First pic is Ray Gun mode.
IMG_20200625_180443.jpgIMG_20200625_180303.jpgIMG_20200625_180349.jpgIMG_20200625_180424.jpg

I have a Killer Bee on my Baja. I haven't decided if I'm going to us it on the Baja yet. I have 3 boats I may use this on. Because of Covid it's hard to get Receivers for this right now. Not to say you can't get them it just takes a month to get one. LOL

So in all honesty I know that Futaba's are some of the best radios, but my 4PLS actually feels cheap compared the Noble. And it is a lot smaller than the Futaba.IMG_20200625_192647.jpg

Any of you have the first of futabas 2.4? My old 3pm feels much more solid then my newish 3pv. But compared to my fly sky gt3-c the quality goes to the futaba. It is nice to see they (fly sky) are upping their quality. If the range is good I may look into fly sky harder when its time to upgrade the gt3-c.
Oh does it have dig and 4 wheel steer programming?

Maybe those early 2.4’s were made in Japan then after that they started making them in China? I was disappointed when I received the futaba 7pxr and it says made in China. I thought it was made in Japan???
@1Coopgt you probably don’t need it but just incase you have trouble setting up the killerbee kill switch with your flysky. This helped me out. I know it’s not the noble nb4 but it works

Last edited:
I'm still running an old 3PKs and I love the damn beast. It looks like something out of Metal Gear, and just plain works. It has more options than I'll ever need for a ground rig. The only crappy part is that the receivers aren't rated for high voltage, but I'm sure I can build a BEC/REG kit when I decide to get HV servos. I've just never found a need to upgrade them quite yet. 2WD cars don't really need stupid high torque to turn...

Any of you have the first of futabas 2.4? My old 3pm feels much more solid then my newish 3pv. But compared to my fly sky gt3-c the quality goes to the futaba. It is nice to see they (fly sky) are upping their quality. If the range is good I may look into fly sky harder when its time to upgrade the gt3-c.
Oh does it have dig and 4 wheel steer programming?

Interestingly I just updated the firmware to 2.0.85 . Their are 2, .85 updates on their website. One is normal and the other is FCC version which increase the range. I actually updated twice so I could put the FCC version on the radio. I'll still need to update the receivers then everything will be happy. To answer your last question I think the answer is yes. I wouldn't need that function but then again I don't need an 8 channel radio but this thing is an 8 channel radio just need an 8 channel receiver. :ROFLMAO:

liek the size ? is it much heavier? than your futaba?‍♂️

It's a bit heavier. I don't have batteries in the Futaba right now so I can't say how much more.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks