So should I install the 990 carb

Add the 990 CARB OR STAY WITH THE 1107

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z, I think everyone has you beat on this one!!.?

I say try it,youve got nothing to lose. It can also provide you advice to give to the next person who's wondering the same thing.
The hardest part after all is the paying for the carb,but then not using it?. Well I think you know what we all here think about that.
Boo Boo......boo
If you don't want it,I'll buy it since I can use one. I'm serious on the buying part.
I mean-What's Z gonna do with it besides look at it meaningfully.
??✔

Z, I think everyone has you beat on this one!!.?

I say try it,youve got nothing to lose. It can also provide you advice to give to the next person who's wondering the same thing.
The hardest part after all is the paying for the carb,but then not using it?. Well I think you know what we all here think about that.
Boo Boo......boo
If you don't want it,I'll buy it since I can use one. I'm serious on the buying part.
I mean-What's Z gonna do with it besides look at it meaningfully.
??✔
What do I have to do with buying it ??

Last edited:
So spent a little time Installing the Spiral Diaphragm in the 990 Carb and attached the Chase filter to the back side of the carb. Now it's ready to be installed on the buggy tomorrow when I get home from work. So there is a construction site about a half mile away from me here that is just begging for the buggy to go play with it . So either tomorrow or Sunday is going to be play time . This could be epic . Hopefully I don't break anything.:p Of coarse there will be video.IMG_20190912_212021.jpgIMG_20190912_205713.jpg

I run a 1107 and never needed to use the choke on it. Also run a 990 on another engine and never had an issue with starting it. I just followed what the OBR video told me to do.

So spent a little time Installing the Spiral Diaphragm in the 990 Carb and attached the Chase filter to the back side of the carb. Now it's ready to be installed on the buggy tomorrow when I get home from work. So there is a construction site about a half mile away from me here that is just begging for the buggy to go play with it . So either tomorrow or Sunday is going to be play time . This could be epic . Hopefully I don't break anything.:p Of coarse there will be video.View attachment 53222View attachment 53223
Licking that chase filter? mmmmm such a small part $25? cant justifie the purchase??

So spent a little time Installing the Spiral Diaphragm in the 990 Carb and attached the Chase filter to the back side of the carb. Now it's ready to be installed on the buggy tomorrow when I get home from work. So there is a construction site about a half mile away from me here that is just begging for the buggy to go play with it . So either tomorrow or Sunday is going to be play time . This could be epic . Hopefully I don't break anything.:p Of coarse there will be video.View attachment 53222View attachment 53223
Super killer carb job photos, what I really enjoy about a chokeless carb is the space you gain from not having the choke lever. I feel that you can really concentrate on your linkage alot better!

Oh just a little piece of info for everyone. So I have a reed case engine , Yamadude throttle linkage and the latest Bartalone Velocity stack. So something I noticed when I first started up the engine for the first breakin was the linkage was hitting the Vstack mount that attaches to the carb. So I ground it down a little bit. I found when I took the buggy out the last time it was still hitting when at idle plus I couldn't turn down the idle speed at all. So I broke out the dremel last night and did a bit more grinding . Hope it was enough.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks