So you want to build a custom engine huh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or tuck it away and as you gain more experience,look it over again in the future.
Maybe at that time you'll know what you need to do to make it work. Sometimes the best thing for you is time away from said project. It really depends upon its worth. Will you be able to sell it at a reasonable price?. A lot of people won't be willing to shell out the money on someone else's failed project unless they think they can make a serious go of it. But even more that 2.2k is definitely not being returned.
If you have a buyer at a price point your happy with then by all means sell it. I have feeling though you'll be stuck with it.
As mentioned a lot if other ways to get a motor for cheaper.
Also anyone whose read your thread about it might be scared to tackle it.
If your hearts no longer in it,sell it and move on.
But if you think maybe- maybe you'll be able to make it work without investing a lot more money/time put it away for now and move on to having some fun. Burn out happens to us all.
Being so financially and emotionally invested in it takes it toll on anyone. Step away for awhile,It's amazing the new perspective you'll gain from taking a break.
Good luck either way. ?

Or tuck it away and as you gain more experience,look it over again in the future.
Maybe at that time you'll know what you need to do to make it work. Sometimes the best thing for you is time away from said project. It really depends upon its worth. Will you be able to sell it at a reasonable price?. A lot of people won't be willing to shell out the money on someone else's failed project unless they think they can make a serious go of it. But even more that 2.2k is definitely not being returned.
If you have a buyer at a price point your happy with then by all means sell it. I have feeling though you'll be stuck with it.
But if you think maybe- maybe you'll be able to make it work without investing a lot more money/time put it away for now and move on to having some fun. Burn out happens to us all.
Being so financially and emotionally invested in it takes it toll on anyone. Step away for awhile,It's amazing the new perspective you'll gain from taking a break.
Good luck either way. ?
I will try to sell it for 1000-1500. if not, ill see part out value, if that fails, then maybe ill put in a new crank and redesign my ignition again. but I really really want just a consistent big bore, I'm not sure if this will ever get there or just be a problematic thing. rcmax is very consistent with awesome customer service if something goes south. I really am not that emotionally attached to it anymore especially after all the problems and BS. I literally have zero motivation to continue, if I hadn't already put a fek load of money into it, then I would be like "eh its another 300 bucks who cares" but its gonna be close to 3k.

Last edited:
Good luck either way. ?

I wouldn't give up on it either ,I would have went another way on the ignition ,the threads on the shaft can be re-threaded ,
even if you have to take it to a machine shop!

Z,
All I'm saying is:
"YOU NEED TIME AWAY"
Sell it,keep it doesn't really matter but your state of mind does.
I guarantee it won't be the only let down your going to face.
Buy the rcmax or something else,doesn't really matter.
Start working on your next build.
Right now the old engine is for all intent and purposes is-dead/done.
Sell/don't sell,the point is move on for now.
It would be great to get some money from it but what if you don't?. While your waiting for a buyer, start your next project.
Life has setbacks but you have to keep moving.
"Time waits for no man"
Forgot the "?"

Z,
All I'm saying is:
"YOU NEED TIME AWAY"
Sell it,keep it doesn't really matter but your state of mind does.
I guarantee it won't be the only let down your going to face.
Buy the rcmax or something else,doesn't really matter.
Start working on your next build.
Right now the old engine is for all intent and purposes is-dead/done.
Sell/don't sell,the point is move on for now.
It would be great to get some money from it but what if you don't?. While your waiting for a buyer, start your next project.
Life has setbacks but you have to keep moving.
"Time waits for no man"
Forgot the "?"
I'm Gunna take a break through the winter, I'll throw it on eBay and see what happens, not worry about it too much and just take a break.

I'm Gunna take a break through the winter, I'll throw it on eBay and see what happens, not worry about it too much and just take a break.
scratch that, seams like a 4 day break was enough for my brain LOL. fixed the crank i think, and i know how im gunna re do the ignition system for it to be simple, il be running pump gas now which starts and tunes easier. should work! now i just needa figure out the timing i need to be at, then make the sensor bracket, get a pull start, octane booster, then i should be ready to break some more poop LOLLL jk. hope this works!

You should just be able to get a RC-Max pull start and use it no?I would look into the new Primal RC MT trucks pull start also should be cheaper..

Let me add one more. Build your core motor simple, don't do a power build right off the bat because if there's an issue you won't know what the hell it is, do something that you know will work. Then after that make mods to increase power and when you do that, do one thing at a time becuase again, if there's a problem, you know what it is vs chasing BS.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks