Spark plug question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRC

Guys,

On the first run, a day after break in of my km1000, i couldnt start the engine. After a LOT of pulls, i decided to change the spark plug, and then, started inmediately. I replaced the torch plug with a ngk.

I used that new spark plug for about 1 and a 1/2 tank, not in one run, maybe 2 or 3 runs on several days. This weekend i tried to start the engine, and again didnt started. I changed the spark and then on first pull started.

How long is suposed to last the ngk plugs? 1 and half tank is nothing. What could be causing this issue?

A LONG time - years even!
Check your fuel setting.
Check your actual fuel mixture.
What does your spark plug look like - remove and photograph if can. Is it black / sooty / wet?

Check you're getting a spark - plenty of HOW TO's on this Forum and the Internet generally.

Al.

do u have a lot of blue smoke,, or lots of oil coming out of pipe,, could be running to rich,, lots of vids on you tube from obr, one on gizmo motors on proper tuning of carb,, when I broke in my obr prostock I ran rich for a cpl tanks,, and went thru plugs fast,,,

Sounds like you are flooding your engine each time you try to start it. Then when you change the plug it starts. Make sure to check your needle setting sound like you may be too rich.

Last run, i went to an abandoned quad track, 15 miles from my place. Different altitude. I had to adjust the needles because it was too rich. And yes, i have been running on rich side. 25/1 oil fuel ratio. Im using castor 927 oil. I will post later a pic of the spark plug. The tip is all black.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks