Spektrum ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Looks like the DX4S is on the blink? started the other day with the twin run. All of a sudden I got signal loss at 20m ?‍♂️ thought it was my nmhi battery? took out the losi today (fully charged lipo) tx AA's fully charged same story???
If I turn my back to the car or lose sight no signal ? if I put my hand in front of the antenna same story?? looks like time for a futaba 4pv??

Speky is for 1/8 amd 1/10 e words, and they will basically tell you that if you ask them. Their 6+ channel for flight are great. Their land based (especially if it has avc) suck. And if you don't believe me go use the search feature and find out for yourself.

I'm a big fan of spektrum. My DX5C works flawless and has never given me a single issue. I can't say the same for Flysky and stock RTR transmitters from Traxxas. I refuse to buy Futaba simply because IMO they are overpriced for what they are, so are the receivers, like wtf? I'm sure they're great, but just not willing to pay the ridiculous prices. I think a lot of people are sour from Spektrum's DSM days where they had very glitchy performance and really poor range. DSMR or even DSM2 is nothing like that. I gave them a shot and I don't regret it at all.

After a bit surfing I have 2 choices ?
Buy a spektrum DX5C and be back where I was all my receivers will work = $189 AU
Or buy a futaba 4PV with x receivers for $400 AU .......but then I'll only be running x2 cars until I pick up another 2 receivers
????
I mean, while futaba is definitely better, you have had good luck with specky and already got the recievers so I'd get the dx5c

???? ......
$189 seems like the logical option to me, unless you wanna step ya game up and switch to the dark side Futaba ???
It dose seem like the logical choice ? when bought the spek I did it out of convenience and it was cheaper.
Maybe I should just bite the bullet ?‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks