Spektrum 9010/9020 servos anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaussy

Has anyone tried these new 1/5 servos, Spektrum 9010/9020? Just looking to upgrade my servos in my 5ive and wondering if anyone has seen or used them. Thanks.

Eh, they don't list the torque or speed. Kinda fishy.
Plus Spektrum doesn't actually make servos, they just rebadge other brands. So I wonder who really makes it?

The Hitec 900/1000SGT servo puts out 1500 oz because it is larger than usual and also runs on 14.8v, so it has a faster motor to turn a bigger gear ratio.

The Spektrum servo appears to be standard giant scale size and it runs on 7.4v, so the gears are limited to a certain size, and the motor to a certain speed. So I don't see how it can be much more than maybe 600oz torque.

Ya I'm not sure who makes them for spectrum but I've heard Savox. And I'd love a 1000sgt it's just $$$.

Good find Raw! I believe you are right on the mid-November release. This is the first time I have seen the numbers. Speeds look fast, but I was hoping for more steering torque. It may be enough, guess we will have to wait and see!

They do look like the solution, I tried boosting the power of the standard servos with the KillerRC 7200mah lipo, but it caused serious "twitching" and even lock up, tried smoothing it out with a capacitor plugged into receiver which didn't work.
Then I tried a regulator, which does work, but then your not using the extra power on hand, so I had a couple of Hitec HS-5765MN servos which are rated for 7.4v and the killerRC battery still causes twitching, so I think I've got a bad battery.
Am going to change battery today and will post results

Apologies to killerRC battery, on further investigation, the problem is the stock (and over complicated) SR3300T receiver, I've changed it for an SR301 and problem solved

I thank if you look it's the servos not the receiver it's the dead band that's programmed in to them it needs to opened up you will need a servo programmer to do that the reason the 301 stopped it was its a slower receiver
The twitching is servos centering them self and going a little to far and then back a little to far I had a gas truck that was real bad about doing that but you could only see it in the air over a jump with both tires on the ground it did not do it

It was more than just twitching around neutral position, would twitch once things got warmed up on full lock, also the throttle/brake would suddenly make a big move and even "stick" for a moment

Last edited:
I've noticed running the Killer 7200 and stock 900s servos after about 15 minutes they start to twitch, but it is because the servos are hot. Throttle gets pretty bad because the muffler dumps right on top of it. I bash in an open grassy field so the steering gets a good workout lol. I still wouldn't trade the Killer for anything, a huge improvement over the stock battery. Maybe the Spekys will run cooler.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks