Spektrum question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have John Adams email address at Horizon I sent him a email and here is his answer.

[The DX3 will work with DSM and DSM-2 receivers. It will not work with the SR410 DSM-R receiver.]

So yes it DSM TX will work with a DSM-2 RX.
Thanks
Jeff

The new black transmitters work on all receivers
The gray transmitters work on all but the black receivers these are DSM 2 the Pro R 3 and Pro 3 these are the ones that all the clones receivers are out there
You could buy a orange receiver for $8.00 and a $4.00 spectrum receiver case and get $99 all day long on eBay
If you have a receiver that binds by a red button on top it's the first generation and they were slow and not much range

Last edited:
What I am going to do is bind the RX to my old not made for years React TX. I know as I have one other RX bound to it that it will bind to the React. I all so do know I will not be able to use the telemetry functions. I need a micro RX as it is going into a Kyosho G .09, 1/16 and they never made a micro RX for the React.
Thanks all for the input!
Jeff

Sometimes.
I have an dx3s that will not bind to sr3100/dsm2. So some will and some wont I discovered in my research. Which sucks I cant use my useless sr3100. That is just gonna force my to smash my spektrum and but a futaba 4pls.

Last edited:
I love my 4PLS over the dx3s. I upgraded after I ran out of range and had my kill switch kick in in front of a large crowd of people I was showing off to. I think the dx3s was good for the time and it was revolutionary with the telemetry feature, but I have never cared for Spektrums response time. I just bash so I don't ever hardly get out of range. I can't tell you if the telemetry is worth a crap or not, I was going to buy all the sensors but then got cheap. I can say the range and response of the 4PLS are outstanding. I would like to try one of Spekkys new dx3c (?) since I already have 5 receivers. I know they are on a new and improved DSM or whatever but I haven't seen anything on if they still have the lag or not. I talked to my LHS and they weren't quite sure. For $100 I may just pick one up in the summer to play with.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks