spents delboy baja build,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
thought i'd started a build thread for this, but must have been just in the pics thread :D,
so anyways, miles wanted some info on a pcsc top hat spacer mod for using hostile spurs,
so am stickinit here cos the delboy baja is what i have the pcsc on (y)
so basically its a baja with x2e a arms , some bonehead rc carbon, stock g320, fastpipe
some custom home made parts, unknown cage thats been modded to clear the i-rc big bore shocks etc etc,
so, pcsc,

top hat washer far right, and spacer washer for bearing etc,
top hat does away with the need for multiple washer shims and makes a much neater and stable job with the mod,

top hat fits inside the hostile spur and butts up against the bearing,

also does away with the need for the orange or purple spacer behind the pcsc as it sits against the layshaft/input shaft bearing as well,

top hat looks like this side on,

31.5mm outer diameter

12mm hole

7.8mm total thickness,
and the stubs are near enough 3mm each
so centre of top hat is 1.8mm thick,

i use a modified alloy gear cover, think its a 2 speed one and i bored the centre to clear the pcsc,

then also today while i was messin around with it i changed the outer beads from black hostile ones to orange ddm bite lock ones (y),looks way better than the black i reckon,

and rewound the pull starter as well, not actually with the cord shown cos worked out that was too thick once i wound it on :ROFLMAO:, used some thinner cord that i had in toobox (y)
also its a used pull starter, not the new one that came with the g320, that got swapped to my g340 obr reed engine,
the g320 one had too short a cord and needed a couple extra turns on it,

couple o fresh pics taken today when cage was back on (y)(y)

Last edited:
Top man Paul, is that an of the shelf item or custom machined?

Cheers mate. 👍🏾
you mean the top hat miles ?
that was made by si (coalminer) off the old bf-uk forum,
he made a few after andy (biscuits ) did that pcsc vid,
yop hat way is way better and easier to get right miles (y)(y)

you mean the top hat miles ?
that was made by si (coalminer) off the old bf-uk forum,
he made a few after andy (biscuits ) did that pcsc vid,
yop hat way is way better and easier to get right miles (y)(y)
How would I go about getting one now?

I reckon fruitbat could knock that out in his sleep as long as he the dims.

I’m gonna ask him. Thanks again Paul, much appreciated. 👍🏽

He’s gonna sort me/ us out. Who wants a PCSC Ti lay shaft and top hat washers?

Do you want any spares Paul? I’m also gonna ask Dean if he’ll make some carbon clutch pads. Would you be interested as well?

i don't have any 32mm or larger steel bar stock miles or i'd make ya a couple myself :).
yeh kev would make em, they are made from steel though miles, needs to be heac=vy duty really, i don't think alloy would do the job (y)
He’s gonna sort me/ us out. Who wants a PCSC Ti lay shaft and top hat washers?

Do you want any spares Paul? I’m also gonna ask Dean if he’ll make some carbon clutch pads. Would you be interested as well?
top banana then miles (y)(y),
defo ask dean about the carbon pads, thickness would need to be spot on though, so dean may need to order in carbon the correct depth miles (y),
and thanks for askin, but nah i think i'm ok miles, the stock pads should last a fair old while on mine, pads are brand new still,

i don't have any 32mm or larger steel bar stock miles or i'd make ya a couple myself :).
yeh kev would make em, they are made from steel though miles, needs to be heac=vy duty really, i don't think alloy would do the job (y)

top banana then miles (y)(y),
defo ask dean about the carbon pads, thickness would need to be spot on though, so dean may need to order in carbon the correct depth miles (y),
and thanks for askin, but nah i think i'm ok miles, the stock pads should last a fair old while on mine, pads are brand new still,
Same but I’m I thinking about future proofing.

As far as I’m aware I made the first pcsc titanium lay shaft many years ago for Biscuits on the old baja uk forum .
lol kev, yeh i was trying to remember who did the ti layshafts, had an idea it was yerself but couldnt quite remember (y)(y),
and si coalminer did the top hat spaces/washers,
Nice baja, love the cage 👍
thanks pumpkin (y):LOL:

Last edited:
wow, how time flys ,
decided to do some work on this today, well strip part of it to make a few changes and modify/adjust a few things (y):D,
needs one of the i-rc rear shcoks lookin at cos it be leakin ,
cage needs a tweek,
uber ball drives need some strengthener rings fitted,
gonna see if i can fit a vrc pipe i have under the cage as well and swap out the fast pipe, etc etc,
so took a pic just after i took the cage off,

then ended up like the pic below :ROFLMAO:,
made the mistake of stripping it before checking if i can get the rings for the uber drives,
no one has em it seems at moment and says on uber site out of stock 🤦‍♂️,
might have to make some, or maybe get a set of i-rc uhd drives for it, not decided yet though,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks