spents hpi baja bitsa 45 build,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bit of a small update , but its an update (y),
after having an issue with some servo screws i had that looked nice , but turned out to be made of cheese :LOL:,
the heads turned out of em when 90% tightened down, took ages to get out again ,all those type of screws i had are now reasigned to the bin :ROFLMAO:,
so battery box time, this always takes me ages cos i'm never happy with how all the wires are stuffed into a baja battery box,
made a start though ,

managed to get everything in and no pinched wires and lid shut (y)

and as a bonus it all works (y):LOL:,

i is back :LOL:, so fitted the battery box (not fastened down yet) and made the alloy steering link, so no more pop offs (y),
and yes it does clear the gtb top plate on throw to throw (y),

throttle/brake linkage fitted as well, i did say it was a full kill one at start of this thread, no it aint, its a yamadude one :LOL:,
roughly set where it needs to be, can be adjusted up now via end points and brake adjuster at back end,

next we move to gettin the vrc pro pipe to fit, clears everything with the larger head etc,

but, theres the issue of the spovan/zelda top ends exhaust port being larger than a 26 or 34 etc,
thought i'd get away with being able to mod the vrc flange on the header, yeh height wise i can, and possibly width ways i can, port is 5mm wider than a small bore, and bolt holes are also 5mm further apart, so 2.5mm each side if that makes sense,
it wont leave much meat on the flange when modded :LOL:,
so have a few options,
1; grind the feck out of it and hope for the best,
2; find an extra header and make a new flange for it, i wanna keep a stock flange as well so i can reuse the pipe on a smaller bore sometime,
header has an awkward bend in it so extra header would be ideal, but no one has any over here ,
3; weld the flange up and re drill the holes, then reshape the opening,
7; use the vrc on my rail and do what i maybe shoulda done to start with and buy the sh pipe off @mark35 :ROFLMAO:,
if ya see this mark, can ya please post a pic of that pipe on here matey ?
manifold in particular so i can see how easy it would be to mod from round to oblong (y),
i took the risk gettin the vrc and it bit me on the arse :ROFLMAO:, its fixable though wi a bit of thought and effort (y),
pic against the spare 45 top end,

thanks mark (y),
just need the diameter of the header tube mate please,
if i remember back to when ya got that pipe it was made to fit under a team chase cage wernt it ?

thanks for that mark (y),
34mm outside, so probably 30mm inside diameter ,
did you say you had it on yer 46 alx ? i'd look back a few pages but started the post now :LOL:,
i'll have a work out wi the rovan 45 in the workshop tomorrow mate, too cold to get in there now,
see what size the exhaust port is etc,

mark, can ya put the header flange flat on the worktop then measure the height to the top of the tube please?
wanna see theres enough room to add an adapter into it between the flange and exhaust port and still clear the shock upright/tower doodad (y)

thanks again mark (y), i'll have a work out and measure up this afternoon and see if i can make it work matey,
if it will then i'll pm ya and hopefully we can come to a price etc (y)?

aaaaaaaand crap,
the sh pipe aint gonna work, the diameter of the header tubes just too big for the 45 rovan engine ffs,
would need too big an adapter (length wise) and that would in turn throw the header into the shock tower uprights,
bolt spacing would screw me modding the sh pipe as well,
gonna stick with plan A and mod the vrc pro, the mods will be much easier and doable,
its a real shame cos i almost just asked mark for a price and say send the pipe,
so @mark35, massive thanks to you for taking the time to dig the pipe out and post the pics and the measurements i asked for mate (y),
its greatly appreciated,
i just don't want anyone to think i was messing mark around cos thats not the case, when i first saw the pics mark posted i really thought his pipe was now the way to go,
but the measurements screw the whole thing ,
thanks so so much for taking the time mate, and sorry mark (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks