spents obr 57 twin dragon hammer,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol kev missus spents has named em henry and henrietta :D,
and omg, sonic and knuckles, that brings back memories from sega megadrive days kev :ROFLMAO:
Yup I loved playing it on the megadrive and mastersystem. But more recently my 2 boys have become fans of Sonic the Hedgehog due to a couple of films released in last couple of years.

Sonic and bumholes cuz one is about to spead into my ass

Nice to see the old Zee is still kicking about to make us laugh every now and then :)

hope this is ok doug ?,
wanted to start a thread forthis so i can easily add to the build process without it all getting mixed up in my spents rigs pics thread (y),
so basic recap,
dragon hammer twin , latest rebuild to reduce weight and gain better centre of gravity etc,
in short make it more stable,
so, engine slammed as low as possible, weight reduction as and where i can,
home made parts including front engine mount, bell carrier, pull start adapter etc etc,
deanodised all the red off it as well,

colour change from the stock fid print panels to pearl apple green

so today i decided to try and get the twin up and running,
engine aint been run for a year, and never run since i adapted it to a full size ez start pull start,
well didnt go well tbh :ROFLMAO:,
i dida re ring on the engine last year and its only been run enough to bed the rings in nicely,
compression is super high when rings are new , not sure if your twin is the same compression wise doug ?
anyways, wernt havin it, got fuel, got spark etc, finally got a pop out of it and pull start jammed up, cord half out,
took pull start off, pawls on the engine were fine

starter itself was jammed, backed the centre bolt off half a turn and it freed up,
stripped the starter for a closer look,

turns out the machining on the starter aint the best, quality wise yes, dimension wise its crap :LOL:,
post on the housing is 10mm,
bore of the spindle is 11mm, so 1mm of wobble and no bearings , spindle wobbles a tad and locks up against the cog,
need to have a closer look and see what i can do to make it work,
or see what i can make up to make it work from other starters,
this starter is brand new but chinese ezi start, secondary spring is spot on and works fine, its just the locking up bit that sucks ,

I like what you've done with that DH my next move is a Silenced pipe from vrc

thanks mate (y),
vrc pipe is the better option out there for the dragon hammer,
not many options available as you know,
I'm going to put in an order for the pipe next week I'm also running a stock g320 thinking of getting a rovan 45 I had one in my previous losi a d mcd xr5 I know they burn out pretty quick but I'm trying to decide 45cc or upgrade the g320 to a 34cc

I'm going to put in an order for the pipe next week I'm also running a stock g320 thinking of getting a rovan 45 I had one in my previous losi a d mcd xr5 I know they burn out pretty quick but I'm trying to decide 45cc or upgrade the g320 to a 34cc
i think most people would advise you to upgrade to an esp top end on your 32 instead of the rovan 45 mate,
i have a rovan 45 in my vekta and i got a good one, as you probably know they're a bit hit or miss,
plus the rovan 45 does tend to run a bit hot :LOL:,
and the header on the pipe would need modding for the 45 as well which isnt ideal,

I did have the older rovan 45 the one with the single ring piston I rebuilt it twice I also had to modify the exhaust header on the pipe and ramped the piston on the exhaust side and widened and polished the transfer ports but I didn't touch the crank case it was fast alot faster than stock but even though I cut holes in the starter and glued mesh in to add vents it got hot quite fast I rebuilt that engine about 3 times in 7 months but I was running aspen 2 mixed at 40 to 1 with fully synthetic oil .
Long story short lol I'm stuck I could up grade to a 45cc I like the torque or keep the g320 and maybe upgrade to an esp head kit and make it a 34cc that's the cheaper option and this is my first ever zenoah engine I'm used to km rovan and cy

Now you've experienced the issues when a clone engine starts life as a 26/29cc and they just make everything bugger to get it to 45cc. Nothing is designed to flow the proper amount of air, timing can be way off. There are just better options out there, although way too pricy for the average user on a budget.

So I have the gtb dbxl diff tower installed bit of a tight fit but with the dh v2 is the tower (front ) designed to give you acess to the diff housing without needing to strip the whole front end ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks