spents obr 57 twin dragon hammer,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it you didn’t see this Paul?

View attachment 76707
thanks for that miles (y):love:,
no i hadn't seen that bit, tbh the tx alarm did go off , but i thought that was just the left idle for over 10 mins alarm, could have been a data lost alarm then,
the tx is using dry batteries an all, but batteries are well above the low voltage doodad,
thanks miles (y)(y)

howdy doody :D,
been a while since this was updated, various reasons , life in general etc,
anyways, was gonna get the twin running today, has spark, has fuel,
but, when pulling it over something does not feel quite right in the engine,
carbs were redone last year, rings are new, i stripped the top ends and flushed out the engine etc last year as well,
so as said, was messing around with it today, tried to get it running but it wernt having it,

also noticed one of the tto temp sensors was out, there six years old now so battery will be flat,
and they aint renewable, so gonna grab a couple more and change em out cos i don't like running the twin without the sensors,
having em makes it so much easier to balance the cylinders etc,

engine is now out, shoulda done a full strip last year and checked main bearings and seals,
but just did top ends, i'll do it proper this time (y):ROFLMAO:,
as said above sommat don't feel right, and cos theres three main bearings its harder to feel if a bearing is on its way out,
pain in the bum getting the engine in and out, but it needs checking (y),

howdy doody :D,
been a while since this was updated, various reasons , life in general etc,
anyways, was gonna get the twin running today, has spark, has fuel,
but, when pulling it over something does not feel quite right in the engine,
carbs were redone last year, rings are new, i stripped the top ends and flushed out the engine etc last year as well,
so as said, was messing around with it today, tried to get it running but it wernt having it,

also noticed one of the tto temp sensors was out, there six years old now so battery will be flat,
and they aint renewable, so gonna grab a couple more and change em out cos i don't like running the twin without the sensors,
having em makes it so much easier to balance the cylinders etc,

engine is now out, shoulda done a full strip last year and checked main bearings and seals,
but just did top ends, i'll do it proper this time (y):ROFLMAO:,
as said above sommat don't feel right, and cos theres three main bearings its harder to feel if a bearing is on its way out,
pain in the bum getting the engine in and out, but it needs checking (y),

yeah my bet is bearings. maybe they got crusty from sitting or something

yeah my bet is bearings. maybe they got crusty from sitting or something
yeh tbh Z i think it may be more wear related on the bearings,
the engines 6 years old now and bottom end never been apart,
its had a lot of fuel through it and been hammered hard in that time as well :ROFLMAO:,
might be time for the outer main bearings and seals, centre bearing should be fine, its a split roller bearing and they tend to last a lot longer than a ball race (y)

and its in bits (y),

the split centre bearings are fine, as well as the split centre seals,
the outer mains are worn, flywheel side not bad but clutch side bearing is notchy and has quite a bit of lateral play,
clutch side seal is also well worn but wasnt leaking,
pretty sure there same as stock 26cc bearings, 12-28-8 but will have a check and replace em along wi the seals (y):D,
cases are still covered in oil in the pics,, crank is spot on as well,

so for anyone rebuilding a twin, avoid taking the crank out fully if ya can :ROFLMAO:,
not really :D, its just the split centre seals are a proper pain to get back in right,
there just a bit fiddly, take yer time and alls well (y),
edit, and make sure you put the crank back in the right way round as well :ROFLMAO:

bottom end all back together and torqued up (y),
and yes in the pic there is a mark on the engine case where the rods tapped it, but very minor, looks worse than it is in the pic,
the cases do mark up quite easy though so care is needed (y)(y),

another small update :D,
wanted to make sure the cases surface was flat after [utting bottom end back together, and before i start to machine the new top ends to fit,
had to do em one at a time cos fins need reducing between the two heads etc,
so heads are now marked flywheel side and clutch side,
no pistons in, no gasket, and torqued to 4 Nm and went round the base of em with a feeler guage,
so both top ends are less than 0.05mm or 2 thou (y)(y),
in other words, its flat as it can be :LOL:,
obviously gaskets will be fitted etc when it goes back together proper,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks