spents obr 57 twin dragon hammer,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spents, mate, I'm just a little disappointed in these turn of events. Please go sit in the naughty corner for a bit. Then get a spot of tea and collect your self 🤭

lmao sean, yep, been in the naughty corner and slapped myself with a cactus :ROFLMAO:,
nah mate, the pawls i knew i'd knacker up, just wanted to get the twin running,
and the coil, well i figured it out, i slackened it off to get the pull start on easier cos its a tight fit there,
then forgot to retighten the bloody coil 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,
usually i check stuff at least three times to make sure i've tightened everything,
normal service will be resumed now (y):D

made a pair of dies for my hole punch today, 10mm outside with a 4mm hole,

only so i can punch some carbon vinyl to put under the screws that hold the panels on the hammers cage (y),
so male and female die, and a 4mm drill bit flatted off sharp at the end and put in a in a pin chuck to punch the centre hole once the circle is cut out,
yeh its only vinyl, but its just a tad of protection around the screw holes (y),

and all vinyled up around the holes (y):D,

took the time to do a few minor mods yesterday/friday,
did some clearance work on the pull start case while i'm waiting for a new pawl plate and cables off ryan (y),
cables will be a while cos have to come over the pond, pawl plate should be here today, i think :D,
anyways, clearance so the starter can be fitted/removed without slackening off the engine now,
after dropping the engine as low as i can theres very little room and space is very tight,
also noticed after running it the rear pipe had some raw fuel/oil in there,
so i assume the loose coil was causing a misfire and not burning the fuel properly,
i knew it didnt sound quite right, so hopefully a properly secured coil will fix that :LOL:,
also re checked needle setting and general poke around to make sure nothing else was amiss (y),

and OMG its been hot here, this pic was taken 4;30pm yesterday in the shade,
these temps in north yorkshire are nuts, end of the world type of hot for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

yeah i remember being there (UK) 28-30c and there would be reports of heat stroke
surprise wtf GIF

😆 for me the sweet spot is 25-32c and luckily for me we live on the side of Mount lofty and it always 5c cooler than down in town
pics of from mount lofty and adelaide
404 Mount Lofty Summit Road, Cleland, SA 5152
1626498523059.png

lol doug, sweet spot for me is 22 to 25c :LOL:,
but yeh heat stroke in uk when temps get a tad higher :ROFLMAO:, been there done that myself :LOL:,
ah doug, oz is such a beautiful country, always wanted to go there, not gonna be happening any time soon though unfortunately,
hopefully one day it will happen when all the covid craps done with and borders are opened up again (y)(y),

lol, well it defo got hotter today here in yorkshire :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
nudging 34c which is around 93 or yer fahrenheits :LOL:,
checked with hand held temp gun as well and that said 33.7c ,

i do have a bit of an obsession with air/ambient temps as well,
side effect of my disability means my body doesn't regulate temps proper,
so when its hot i overheat, when its cold i get too cold etc, its a reight ball ache sometimes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

soooo, redid the sleeving and fitted a new longer coil lead to the rear cylinders coil cos was only just long enough,
made some proper fresh coil spacers and tightened the coils up this time :LOL:,

fitted new pawl plate,

then refitted the coil plate and coils, wiring is easy, just plug in and tuck away laters (y),
spent a bit of time doing some minor mods to make things easier as and when it needs to come apart as well (y):),

then just for daftness and curiosity i chucked my 5sc body on the hammer,
yeh it'll never work :ROFLMAO:,
would do with some major mods tbh,

and on the vekta :ROFLMAO:,

revisited the petpro pipes again today for the twin,
still not gonna work without major cage widening and pipe mods :ROFLMAO:,

but while the fid headrs and the header adapters were off i had another look at those and decided they could be better matched to the exhaust gaskets/ports, they wernt bad, but wernt spot on tbh either,
took another 2mm off the height of em,

then reshaped the outside of em,
round outer to oblong inner, much smoother and much better shape now,they still need a final tickle though,
will see if it makes any difference when they go back on (y) :D,

Put up a few shots of how it all gets lined up on the engine and the pipe. I may have a suggestion but it also may not matter depending on how it's assembled.
yeh the jetpros are just not gonna work out tbh sean,
its a shame cos even though the pipes are fugly they do work well with the twin (y):D,
the fid pipes don't work so well , but to get the jetpros to fit it would mean cutting off the brackets at stinger end, straighten the stingers out,
re weld some new brackets on,
then it would need 2 inches adding to the width of the cage on battery box side, so 4 inches total to equal up the cage by adding spacers etc,
then that means i'd need to make a new roof panel 4 inches wider , paint that and then tie it all together with spacers an stuff,
now that i've dropped the engine down the jetpros will fit under the cage though,
just a proper ballache and tons of work to get some fugly pipes to fit sean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
olimat and vrc do make a pipe for the dragon hammer, but would nee two pipes and also have to do the same as i did with the fid pipes and flip one pipe upside down,
might attempt it one day, but not at moment :LOL:

yeh the jetpros are just not gonna work out tbh sean,
its a shame cos even though the pipes are fugly they do work well with the twin (y):D,
the fid pipes don't work so well , but to get the jetpros to fit it would mean cutting off the brackets at stinger end, straighten the stingers out,
re weld some new brackets on,
then it would need 2 inches adding to the width of the cage on battery box side, so 4 inches total to equal up the cage by adding spacers etc,
then that means i'd need to make a new roof panel 4 inches wider , paint that and then tie it all together with spacers an stuff,
now that i've dropped the engine down the jetpros will fit under the cage though,
just a proper ballache and tons of work to get some fugly pipes to fit sean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
olimat and vrc do make a pipe for the dragon hammer, but would nee two pipes and also have to do the same as i did with the fid pipes and flip one pipe upside down,
might attempt it one day, but not at moment :LOL:
You need to do some research mate and find a good exhaust maker that has 2 stroke motorbike experience, they could make you custom setup to work. The issue is finding the right person.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks