spents obr 57 twin dragon hammer,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have my 668 carbs to try on my twin🤔 just seem like the last few time she's been running well and don't want to fuk with it🤷‍♂️
yeh thats what i'm gonna do eventually doug, but only when the original carbs are totally done for (y),
will find out a bit later if the carb clean out and changing metering levers/needle valve has worked,
tbh i've only had minor issues wi the twin so far and i've had the engine since 2016 i think,
and only really had those issues since its been in the hammer and running the fid pipes,
like sean said in his post after yours, if it aint broke don't fix it (y):LOL:,

lmao, well, had a bit of a day with everything rc today :ROFLMAO:,
sooooo, had a go at starting the twin again , weak spark again, bit of a head scratcher cos last time it had good spark,
went through things then went through em again and wasnt having it,
put a spark tester doodad (not the best of testers but it gives ya an idea ) and nice bright flash,
but not when pulling engine over slowly,
so took the plug outa the blue rail and that plug had a good spark in the twin, more head scratching :LOL:,

then the pull starter jammed open again ffs 🤦‍♂️,

starter is an easy fix, take it off and quarter turn slack with allen key and it springs back,
need to have a closer look though cos its a pain in the arse to get off the twin when in the dragon hammer,

so four plugs, two old and two brand new with weak spark,
gonna have to check my wiring and see if sommats amiss there i think,

then thought i'd try one of the new plugs in the blue rail,
well, had a goodish spark but not quite as bright as the rails original,
put that new plug in the rail and it started right up after a few pulls,
this was meant to be a vid but go pro battery went flat and could only manage a couple of pics more 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,
so imagine this pic as a video and do the ring ding da ding noises yer self (y):D,

there was a noticable difference in the engine tone on the 34 reed with the new plug from the twin and then the reeds original plug as well,
both plugs gapped the same etc,
then the reed decided it was gonna bog and not rev when it was warmed up,
could be sticky petals maybe or sommat like that cos it has been a while since it was started,
anyways, decided to see if adding a bit more fuel would help that, 1/16 of a turn and still bogging,
low side is fine, its the transition to the high needle where the issues at,
so after a few bogs and stalls this happened

not my day today i reckon :ROFLMAO:,
so the rail will be getting one of ryans @Rep732 cable kits now as well (y),
had enough and locked up the workshop 20 mins ago, tomorrows another day :D,

edit; forgot sommat, also the throttle brake servo on the twin decided to take a dump, throttle fine, so is the failsafe brake, but zero brakes, settings are fine for travel/endpoints, and are as they were before, nowts changed,
checked tx on another of my cars and thats fine, so thats another mystery ,

Last edited:
WHat....... Oh snap!
I think he's not giving it the love it was used too. Remember 2 cylinders require more stroking power/endurance.I guess maybe he can't keep it up as long?.
Well it happens to the best if us,time to pass it in on a younger stud.😂😂😂😂
(Im only joking,its the Meds!,I blame it on the meds)

Wtf is going on over there uncle? Looks like you need some help...should we pack up Z and send over? :rolleyes: :LOL:
lmao ryan, no idea mate, seems its my turn to have some rc bad luck :ROFLMAO:,
Z wouldnt know what to do with himself in the country side ryan, he'd be sayin whats that noise, whats that smell etc etc :ROFLMAO:
Yesssss I can help him pull his starter 😏😏😏😏
you'd be lost over here Z :LOL:

That twin is pissed off at ya Paul 🤔 letting it stand for too long 🤦‍♂️ i rekon my motor also dose not make a very bright spark when I pull it slowly. Have to really give it a go to see anything worth while 👍🏻
yeh i think ya may be right doug, its pissed off at me (y),
and yeh same with mine, never been super bright on the spark front wi the twin,
i will get it sussed out though (y):D
Just means it's time for the hammer to come to the US 😁
lol sean, ot yet matey, not yet, i'll get on top of it soon enough, i seem to have had a run of rc bad luck of late for some reason :LOL:,

Yes think ya right Sean time for Paul to pass the torch 🤔 and with all this new info come to light maybe full retirement is on the cards for uncle Fester......... you had a good run bud👍🏻 😆😆😆😆
full retirement , not a chance doug :LOL:,
You can dooo... IT.👍😁
yes i can and will rich (y):ROFLMAO:,
bit off bad luck and odd problems thats all :ROFLMAO:
WHat....... Oh snap!
I think he's not giving it the love it was used too. Remember 2 cylinders require more stroking power/endurance.I guess maybe he can't keep it up as long?.
Well it happens to the best if us,time to pass it in on a younger stud.😂😂😂😂
(Im only joking,its the Meds!,I blame it on the meds)
defo the meds rich (y) :ROFLMAO:

😆😆😆😆😆
feeling old GIF by A&E

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks