spents rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so another of my 1/5 scales is this, a shorty roofchopper sandrail,
started off as this, a shorty rail frame i'd been after for a while, finally got my mate to part with it a few years ago,

the frame was a little bent when i first got it (i already knew it was bent),
so was stripped and then straightened out fully,

then was repainted blue, lots of polished alloy was added, frame also had a small mod done to the mid cross brace so an OBR 34 reed engine would fit in, cross brace needed a scollop out of it, then welded and shaped to clear the reed block,

it was built up as follows.
OBR 34 reed, rpm arms, fg fuel tank, lots of turtle racing parts here and there, everything polished, cutdown battery box,
rpm arms all round, superstar rims with nightmares all round, silenced v2 dom, etc etc,

beat the crap out of it for a while, this pic it has vipers on the rear,
had a few running issues with obr 34, but was a blown engine when i got it off another mate, came with a new obr ported top end, then worked out the crank was slightly bent, so fitted a new crank, bearings, seals etc as well, runs as it should now with no issues at all,
so essentially brand new engine using the original obr billett cases and reed block,

then after a while , and a few bent and broken nits here and there it was time for a redo,

so it was stripped, repaired where needed, primed and base coated white,

then repainted blue grape with a really heavy duty clear over the top,

then went carbon fibre with the front y plate and tranny plate etc,
irp turn buckles and a few other changes here and there, black i-rc big bores instead of the original silver ones and blue springs,

also a new home made custom battery box, this time made stronger and painted to match the frame ,

and as it stands now,

for some reason one of the pics aint showing up again,

Let me know when you find out Z
Yeah haven't found anything ??
so another of my 1/5 scales is this, a shorty roofchopper sandrail,
started off as this, a shorty rail frame i'd been after for a while, finally got my mate to part with it a few years ago,

the frame was a little bent when i first got it (i already knew it was bent),
so was stripped and then straightened out fully,

then was repainted blue, lots of polished alloy was added, frame also had a small mod done to the mid cross brace so an OBR 34 reed engine would fit in, cross brace needed a scollop out of it, then welded and shaped to clear the reed block,

it was built up as follows.
OBR 34 reed, rpm arms, fg fuel tank, lots of turtle racing parts here and there, everything polished, cutdown battery box,
rpm arms all round, superstar rims with nightmares all round, silenced v2 dom, etc etc,

beat the crap out of it for a while, this pic it has vipers on the rear,
had a few running issues with obr 34, but was a blown engine when i got it off another mate, came with a new obr ported top end, then worked out the crank was slightly bent, so fitted a new crank, bearings, seals etc as well, runs as it should now with no issues at all,
so essentially brand new engine using the original obr billett cases and reed block,

then after a while , and a few bent and broken nits here and there it was time for a redo,

so it was stripped, repaired where needed, primed and base coated white,

then repainted blue grape with a really heavy duty clear over the top,

then went carbon fibre with the front y plate and tranny plate etc,
irp turn buckles and a few other changes here and there, black i-rc big bores instead of the original silver ones and blue springs,

also a new home made custom battery box, this time made stronger and painted to match the frame ,

and as it stands now,

for some reason one of the pics aint showing up again,

That is one hell of a build! I want one for my Baja ???

On point ?? question what dose the cage weigh??

doug, the bare cage weighs in at just under 3.5kg matey, thats the front and rear section only,
the finished weighs in at 14.6kg in its latest incarnation, thats complete with battery but dry tank,
remember mines the shorty version though, the full size cage weighs in around 0.5kg more if i remember right,

as for getting a new one as posted above by john, yeh dennis has sort of gone off the radar a bit, his roofchopper website doesn't exist anymore, i know scotty napalm got a custon bodyshell and cage off him around 18 months ago or so,
custon willys shell that looks amazing,

thanks for all the positivity about my rigs fellas (y), means a lot,
gonna have a bit of an update on the dragon hammer when i sort a few pics out later on tonight hopefully,
more done etc, and found a slight problem with something , nowt serious, just forgot sommat when working out the panels :LOL:,
gonna need to cut a panel to clear sommat without knackering the nice fresh paint :ROFLMAO:

sean and doug, me too :LOL:,
its been a while since it was run , this redo/rebuilds taken much longer than i expected tbh,
still a fair bit to do but all little fiddly jobs,
bit of a delay in my update an all, not sorted the pics out yet, but will do later on today , hopefully :LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks