spents rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
just trying to upload a few pics here of my rc's,
bare with me while I work it out (y),
i'll add pics now and then to update the thread,
first off is the dragon hammer twin,
OBR 57cc twin , as far as I know its the only twin powered one out there cos its right ball ache getting it all to fit right,
but a friend said it would never fit, so had to prove him wrong :ROFLMAO:,

it has a home made custom extended chassis, 35mm longer than stock, engraving on chassis was done by dean (BoneHead-RC),
chassis was made by myself,

[/url

its currently being heavily modified again,
custom home made air boxes, engine lowered on the chassis, complete delete of the red anodising etc etc,
trying to get the weight down by as much as possible but still keep it reliable,

[url=https://postimg.cc/56WYpVbp]

also converting engine from pum pullstart to a full size pull starter,
custom home made back plate, coils repositioned etc etc,

Last edited:
now thats a beast:devilish:(y)

thanks doug (y), still a work in progress though,
Seen that one before ?what kinda drivetrain issues did you face?

yeh your subbed to my youtube channel Z, so you seen at least one vid of it, so has doug (y),
I added more pics since you posted this Z,
drive train not too bad tbh mate, needed to extend the rear centre drive shaft cos of the extended chassis,
but managed to keep it all looking right by just moving a few parts around on the chassis,
I did destroy a crown wheel and pinion on the front diff when I first tested it, but that was because of a plastic diff carrier flexing under load,
changed to alloy carrier and problem solved,

Last edited:
yes spents WE WANT MORE!!!!!! ? ?

more will come before long doug (y),
as for a couple of the above posts, my channels spentsstuff, not a massive amount of vids on there as of yet, basically general running vids and shakedown vids,
managed to get the twin sorted ready to go back into the dragon hammer today as well,
full size pull stert fitted and working, tto temp sensor/kill switch/electric fan wiring sorted out and nice and neat etc etc,:p
my obr has loads of extra crap bolted to it to try and manage the engine temps :ROFLMAO:,

lol, i is back again :ROFLMAO:, not quite sure where i left off with this, but progress been slow cos of various things ,
been off here cos aint been able to get on properly, then popped a knee etc etc :D,
sooo, pipes sorted and now fit as they should,

then turned attention to the panels for a while,
filled in the old pulstart hole in the bonnet,(hood, i'm english lol ),
screen print style graphics on the hammer panels will not come off so had to paint outside of em,
its been painted with 1;1 car style paint, well actually its meant for crash helmets and that type of things, but basically car paint,
yes i've found it can be done as long as you use decent plastic primer/adhesion promoter and prep everything really well (y),
so after plastic prep, etch primer, hb primer and flatted etc a white pearl base coat was added,

then an apple green pearl base coat over the white,

then finally clear coat over the whole lot,

its all been flatted and polished since these pics to remove any dust marks from spraying etc,
done the panel twist test and paint doesn't flake or peel, so its a success,
paint is also much brighter than in the pics as well, when the sun hits it its super obnoxious in yer face green (y) :ROFLMAO:,

thanks for the likes and loves fella's (y), and sean, it aint going nowhere except my place , sorry :ROFLMAO:,
tbh i wasnt sure how the green was gonna turn out, but turned out spot on and am well happy with it (y),
am working on trying to get the roll bars a tad stiffer at moment,
as everyone knows the handling of the dragon hammers in the corners aint the best :D,
so i think i have worked out (maybe) that stiffening up the bars will help, especially the rear,
it does tend to dip a rear wheel, then grips and rolls on its lid, also stiffer bars may help with the torque twistand may reduce the amount of time the right front wheel spends in the air when on the power :ROFLMAO:,
also using it as a bit of research for another planned build , still a ways away from this new build, but some on here know what its gonna be,
its something completley one off, and as far as i know has never been done in 1/5 scale before,
bet someone beats me to it now i said that :LOL:,
i will update this thread with my other current rigs soon as well (y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks