spents screamin blue (sort of) build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
so, gonna put a start on this build log,
nothing really to show, just starting the log (y):D,
this is gonna be a very long build, and based loosely around bobby tanners1;1 screamin blue rock bouncer/racer,
gonna be a very complicated build with lots of custom one off home made parts and lots of problem solving along the way,
theres gonna be a fair bit of mix n match parts as well from different 5th scales,
some or most of which will need modding as i go along,
based around 30 DNT running gear of which i bought a roller last week as a donor car,
i've been sick as a dog the last few days, so been working a few things out,
i asked about shock sizes the other day on here and @RickDizzle kindly posted up the raminator shock dimensions,
after working out some stuff the ram shocks are just way too long,
but i-rc baja rears are about the perfect length, so will be using baja rear i-rc's all round,
also using kraken maxxis trepador tyres which are huge :D,
this build may be the ideal one for the taylor 35cc engine as well :D
a few rough dimensions are below,

total length around 900mm
total width around 500mm,
cage length around 770mm,
cage width around 300mm
total height around 380mm when sat on its tyres,

still have to gather more parts and materials yet, but this build is finally gonna happen,
albeit taking quite a while :LOL:,
i'll probably post up parts gathering as i go and the strip down of the 30 DNT as well,
hope any of ya that watch this build enjoy it :),

Well least I know there is gonna be some localish 30DNT parts going spare soon.

A rock bouncer in 5th scale will be cool, you going 2 stroke or battery?

Been anticipating this build since the time you originally mentioned it quite a while ago!
thanks bizzer (y),
yeh been wanting to get a start on this build for a long time now,
its gonna take a while :LOL:
Well least I know there is gonna be some localish 30DNT parts going spare soon.

A rock bouncer in 5th scale will be cool, you going 2 stroke or battery?
lol kev, yeh there may be some spares up for sale or for scrounge at some point (y):ROFLMAO:,
gonna see what i'm gonna use first , some parts will be kept for a probable hybrid build at a later date though,
the cage and panels will defo be kept though :D,
petrol engine kev, i did think about e wording it, but i'm a petrol head at heart when all said and done (y),
it will be more rock racer than bouncer as well if that makes sense

Going to use the carrier, pinion ect from the 30N truck and put them into an axle housing?

Heres the 1:1 Screamin Blue if any of you have never heard of it. Hes been around for a long time.

the plan is to either use dragon hammer rear axle carriers and make my own tubes, but need to check some measurements when i get the diffs outa the 30DNT,
or make the centre carrier myself and then make the axle tubes to fit,
front axle i'll either use the 30DNT steering knuckles, or make some myself , or find sommat else to work ,,
not sure with rear axle yet don't know whether to go rear steering or just solid axle without steering,
30DNT rear diff also needs the crown wheel swapping out for a front one as well,but thats a straight swap
(y):D,

got a little more time today after doing some other stuff, so finished stripping the 30DNT roller down (y),
managed it without stripping a single bolt head as well :ROFLMAO:,
only problem bolts were the steering post to chassis ones, they put about a gallon of loctite on each bolt for some reason :ROFLMAO:,
warmed the posts a tad and they came straight out,
need to pack some of it away and keep out the parts i'm defo gonna use now,
as well as some parts i may use etc (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks