spents screamin blue (sort of) build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
small update to this :D,
a tad stuck till some parts come back into stock, then i can crack on much faster,
plus had covid booster jab the other day that i had a reaction to, so cant machine anything till side effects wear off :ROFLMAO:,
but stripped all three diffs to give em a clean and get the blue grease from the outside and diff fluid that was in there gone,

all cleaned off and set out to make sure i had all the parts still :LOL:(y),
rear diff will be getting a front crown wheel, and centre diff will be unused on this build, centre spur will be used though,
diffs seem very well built tbh, even the plastic cases are glass reinforced,
but plastic will probably go away for alloy alternatives when its final built,
reason to clean em is there gonna be in out in out etc and no grease means less messy (y),

What parts you needing spents??

It is surprising the quality of the 30DNT parts, a lot better quality than my KM Baja and FS/TAMCO buggy
its a couple of vekta parts i'm waiting on stock for kev (y), then i can start measuring proper to work out what i need for axles etc,

yeh tbh it surprised me the quality of the 30D parts, was expecting a cheaper feel to em, but feel and look reight good :D,

its a couple of vekta parts i'm waiting on stock for kev (y), then i can start measuring proper to work out what i need for axles etc,

yeh tbh it surprised me the quality of the 30D parts, was expecting a cheaper feel to em, but feel and look reight good :D,
Was gonna say if its 30D parts your after and I had them in my spares box would of happily passed them your way until parts came into stock, but I don't have Vekta parts.

You've seen the videos of how I treat mine, I'm not the kindest and it holds up to what I can put it through.

Looking forward to seeing this build evolve.

Was gonna say if its 30D parts your after and I had them in my spares box would of happily passed them your way until parts came into stock, but I don't have Vekta parts.

You've seen the videos of how I treat mine, I'm not the kindest and it holds up to what I can put it through.

Looking forward to seeing this build evolve.
thanks for that kev, means a lot mate (y)(y),
same here as well, if ya need some 30D spares that i have and don't need then they can easily come your way,
gonna be a slow build this one anyways, so just biding my time with waiting for certain parts etc,

yeh i seen how you drive, similar to me kev, if it aint broke when i go home again then i wernt trying hard enough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

yeh i have a lot planned in my head for this build, some will work and some might not,
but when all said and done it will be sommat different :D,

on a side note, where the fecks doug ?

thanks for that kev, means a lot mate (y)(y),
same here as well, if ya need some 30D spares that i have and don't need then they can easily come your way,
gonna be a slow build this one anyways, so just biding my time with waiting for certain parts etc,

yeh i seen how you drive, similar to me kev, if it aint broke when i go home again then i wernt trying hard enough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

yeh i have a lot planned in my head for this build, some will work and some might not,
but when all said and done it will be sommat different :D,

on a side note, where the fecks doug ?
Not a problem fella, plus your only 100 miles away, may have to come visit to see this rig in person, have a cuppa then bashin session with you.

Thing is I find the 30D takes it and rarely comes home broken, in-fact only twice has that happened, the Baja though, I'm lucky if that comes back working.

Think I've got the jist of what what your wanting to build, and if its anything like I'm thinking its gonna be class.

Might be working on the family vineyard or away with family, I'm sure he's fine though, @DougStar you good fella?

Not a problem fella, plus your only 100 miles away, may have to come visit to see this rig in person, have a cuppa then bashin session with you.

Thing is I find the 30D takes it and rarely comes home broken, in-fact only twice has that happened, the Baja though, I'm lucky if that comes back working.

Think I've got the jist of what what your wanting to build, and if its anything like I'm thinking its gonna be class.

Might be working on the family vineyard or away with family, I'm sure he's fine though, @DougStar you good fella?
yeh we aint too far apart kev (y), a cuppa and a bash sounds bob on,
tbh the reason i chose the 30D as a doner car was cos i've heard good things about em for the cost,
plus spares are mostly interchangeable with losi if i do break a lot of a certain 30D part,
and yeh as far as i know what i'm gonna try and build hasnt been done in 5th scale before kev, so hopefully i can get my head around any probs i come across,
but i'll ask on here if i do get a head scratcher going on :LOL:,
yeh hopefully doug turns up again at some point (y)

yet another very small update :ROFLMAO:, gonna be a while before i get started proper on this build, materials etc,
anyways, got some other stuff done today, then turned my attention to the diffs,
built up two diffs but both with front ring gears, built dry, just some lube on o rings and cups for now till i decide what weight fluid to use,
also swapped out the 5mm wide stepped bearings for vekta 7mm ones, don't need the bearing inserts for what i'm gonna do so bigger bearings are better (y),

also gonna use vekta diff pinions, turns out there the same tooth count, pitch etc etc,
only difference being the 10mm shaft vekta one as opposed to the 9mm shaft 30DNT ones,
so i have a proper fit to the vekta teelescopic drive shafts without having to make up any bushings (y),

All I got was cuppa Bob and bashing :LOL:....can you help the Americans understand what you guys are talking about ? :LOL:
lmao ryan, thought you'd be getting used to how i speak by now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
took me a minute to find what ya was sayin, but yeh englishisms, i can see how that can come across to americans sometimes,
especially if its kev and me talking cos were both from the north of england :D,

yeh kev and me sort of have the same slang ryan, still lots of differences though :ROFLMAO:,
now add miles into it as well cos he's from the south of england and it gets more complicated with the slang :LOL:
I try to tone it down a bit on here but sometimes I forget, especially talking to you spents.

If you want difficult try adding Scottish into the mix too, even I struggle to understand a broad scotsman.

Looking good spents, coming along canny (good for non native northerners)

I try to tone it down a bit on here but sometimes I forget, especially talking to you spents.

If you want difficult try adding Scottish into the mix too, even I struggle to understand a broad scotsman.

Looking good spents, coming along canny (good for non native northerners)
lol kev, yeh scottish is a bad one :ROFLMAO:,
thanks for that as well kev, not much to show tbh, its gonna be a slowish progress thing till i get some free cash together for materials an that,

How are you coming along on this?
verrry slowly dude :ROFLMAO:,
nah its a long term build so gonna take me a little time to get materials and all the parts together, but once i get some of the materials then this trhead will be busy with uploads (y),
my 1,1 car needs some major ( expensive) repairs i found out yesterday, so money i had earmarked for build materials has to be used for that now,
but this build will still happen, and hopefully soon i'll have some materials to get started proper on it (y)

verrry slowly dude :ROFLMAO:,
nah its a long term build so gonna take me a little time to get materials and all the parts together, but once i get some of the materials then this trhead will be busy with uploads (y),
my 1,1 car needs some major ( expensive) repairs i found out yesterday, so money i had earmarked for build materials has to be used for that now,
but this build will still happen, and hopefully soon i'll have some materials to get started proper on it (y)

Do you know what gear ratio the 30dn differentials have?

Do you know what gear ratio the 30dn differentials have?
the 30DNT diff pinions are 13 teeth matey,
and as far as i'm aware the ring gears are the exact same as losi 5ive t and km etc etc,
i'd have to count the ring gear teeth to be certain though,
i'll try and do a tooth count a tad later on (y)

right @brokestroke , so 13 tooth diff pinion,
43 tooth ring gear,
and a ratio of 3 1/4 to 1 (y)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks