spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
so, build thread (y), will be a little while before i get started proper on this, need more parts/upgrades first,
but, when i got the kit i noticed something a tad strange,
after talkin with sean and rep we came to the conclusion that i have a v1 kit, or an older kit,
this didnt make sense cos mike taylor at rcmax had just got new stock in when i ordered,
so a bit of bag opening and investigation was needed to see exactley what i have,
main reason for questioning it was the side plates , new kits don't have the red inlay , mine are as below,

also my rear lower links aint anodised black,

newer kits don't have the rear axle toe adjusters, but in my kit i have these,

so far its a bonus, cos have the red writing which i like and silver lower rear links and toe adjusters (y)(y),
only downside is the older kits had m6 shock ball mount doodads,
well side plates and front tower are both bored to 8mm,
and the ball mounts are m8 front and rear,

rear shocks anodising has a slight mismatch, this was a concern on reps kit that he wernt that happy about,
my mismatch is very very slight and close enough in my eyes (y),

front shock bodies are an almost perfect match on the colour though,

front a arms are super beefy, much beefier than my dragon hammer (y):D,
in fact the whole vekta compared to dragon hammer is beefier ,

i now get why people don't really like the vekta battery box, it really is quite small tbh,

all in all i got lucky i reckon, i got an older kit (i think) but with the m8 shock mounts,
put everything away again and taped the bags up till i get a few more upgrades etc,
front diff case will be the first, also would like the vertigo centre gearbox as well,and a few other bits n bobs, will see how funds go :ROFLMAO:
plus needs the usual servos, killswitch, different shock oils etc etc,
then i'll continue a proper build thread pretty soon (y)

I’m surprised when I got mine didn’t get any of that stuff that’s definitely version 1. How is that possible?
no idea mate :LOL:,
but sean said that probably an older kit that had been floating round the factory, and was just lucky i got it (y),
still don't explain the m8 shock mounts being already there on the older kit though,
as far as i can tell its all there as well (y)

no idea mate :LOL:,
but sean said that probably an older kit that had been floating round the factory, and was just lucky i got it (y),
still don't explain the m8 shock mounts being already there on the older kit though,
as far as i can tell its all there as well (y)
They did have updated v2 kits with the clear alloy bits and 8mm shock stops. The new black ano kits would be considered a V3( I would say) but I see no updates only downgrades and a change of hands and who they contract out to make the parts and do the anodizing. Its why we waited so long for the alloy spindle sets. I know it will take time to get all our production parts back online, I see certain things added slowly, as I'm always scoping for that cvd upgrade to appear.😋

I think you got the second version of this kit @spents. And maybe rep’s, sean’s and everyone else’s might be the 3rd version.
My kit might have been the 1.5 version🤔. It came with the m8 shock mounts, but I had to drill the shock tower to 8mm. Yours is already drilled. Mine also came with the black side plates and red letterings. Also came with the adjustable rear axle adjusters. Basically the same as yours

They did have updated v2 kits with the clear alloy bits and 8mm shock stops. The new black ano kits would be considered a V3( I would say) but I see no updates only downgrades and a change of hands and who they contract out to make the parts and do the anodizing. Its why we waited so long for the alloy spindle sets. I know it will take time to get all our production parts back online, I see certain things added slowly, as I'm always scoping for that cvd upgrade to appear.😋
I keep a page open on my tablet with the cvd on it that I refresh every day plus notification setup. Once it’s available I will post after I place my order Lol😂 . I bet they sell out fast

port, i was hoping one of you was gonna say sommat like this about kit versions (y),
the cvd is another on my wants /need list as well,
Looks good so far spents. Glad to see you have all the options atleast
yeh i'm very happy rep, all the extras it seems over the newer kit, plus the 8mm ball doodads (y),
still needs a front roll bar kit though, thats on the list ,
I'm so glad you have the dragon hammer to compare to Spents as I remember these two rigs were the only ones on my list at one point. But sweet man we'll have get you a hari box! Can't wait to see your build, love your dragonhammer!🤘🥳🤘
yeh thanks port (y)(y), the dragon hammer is mint tbh, so i have high expectations for the vekta,
i have modded the hammer loads though, vekta wont be modded so much, maybe :ROFLMAO:,
i will probably do a comparison on some parts between the hammer and the vekta once i start the vekta build proper an all,
edit; missed a bit :LOL:, yeh i'd love a haric box, i may have a go at my own version first though, wont be as nice as harics but would be different and more space (y)
I think you got the second version of this kit @spents. And maybe rep’s, sean’s and everyone else’s might be the 3rd version.
My kit might have been the 1.5 version🤔. It came with the m8 shock mounts, but I had to drill the shock tower to 8mm. Yours is already drilled. Mine also came with the black side plates and red letterings. Also came with the adjustable rear axle adjusters. Basically the same as yours
this is the post i been waiting for haric, thanks mate (y) (y) ,
so v1, v1.5, v2 and v3 then, minor differences on all and less parts on the newer kits,
kinda sucks on the newer kits , i know its cost cutting for kraken etc, but will piss a few people off i woulda thought,
I keep a page open on my tablet with the cvd on it that I refresh every day plus notification setup. Once it’s available I will post after I place my order Lol😂 . I bet they sell out fast
i'm hoping i don't miss out on the cvd when they come available in uk again, hoping mike taylor gets plenty in stock blackrain (y)
Score spents👍🏻 you and rep could swap shock bodies 🤔🤣
yep, i is a really happy chappy doug (y) (y) :ROFLMAO:, unexpected bonus on some parts,
i got lucky :D
edit; and yeh reps shock bodies were much worse than mine going off the pics doug, its a shame they cant make sure they use abodised parts from the same batch for each kit tbh,

Last edited:
Congrat @spents !!! With all these drama for the Vekta kits made me ordered the MCD W5 Pro so i can’t complain about it when compare to @Haric W5 ultimate!! You do get what you paid for with MCD!

Mine was exactly the same as yours.I also have the tow adjusters silver rear and red writing.I didn't know the newer ones didn't have the toe adjustment.That means we have the smaller rear bearing which is a problem.I have read the smaller bearing was a V2 upgrade.
ah right si, that confirms you and me have the same kit and it wernt just a fluke with mine (y) :LOL:,
the smaller bearings, are they the diff bearings or the toe adjuster bearings then ?
not a big deal really i suppose, bearings are cheap when all said and done if they eat themselves every now and then (y)

this is gonna cost me a fortune, i can see it coming :ROFLMAO:,
just ordered some more parts from rc max, missed the fecking cut off for shipping today though,
main part being the rc max front diff case so i can crack on and do a bit of building (y)(y),

still need to get the twin sorted an all for the dragon hammer though, i aint forgotten about that (y):D
Smaller rear bearings came in V1 kits, you guys should not have the smaller bearings unless these kits were purchased back brfore 2018😊
(y) (y)

Last edited:
this is gonna cost me a fortune, i can see it coming :ROFLMAO:,
just ordered some more parts from rc max, missed the fecking cut off for shipping today though,
main part being the rc max front diff case so i can crack on and do a bit of building (y)(y),

still need to get the twin sorted an all for the dragon hammer though, i aint forgotten about that (y):D

(y) (y)
When you do forget about it, pack it up and send it to me, I'll send you a complete vekta for spare parts😁

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks