springs for self centering dogbones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaean

right this is a weird one,

pulled my harm bx2 apart whilst im waiting on my engine re-build and in the outer driveshaft cups there were small loose nuts in there (loose). on reassembly i did not put these back in as the instructions just show the ball bearing dog bones going into the cups both ends, but the dog bones move so far in the cups that you can actually push one right to the end of the outer cup releasing it from the diff end cup!

does anyone know anywhere that sells a suitable small spring that i can put in the cups to keep the dogbones in drive with the cups but wont effect the suspension movement? was thinking of a rollup filter but i cant see that lasting very long same with foam etc?

Can't think of a small order supplier supplier, but smally wave-o springs are exactly what you need. go to http://www.smalley.com/ and look up CMS08-M3 (you will need to check the dims, but a shim-end-wave-to-wave-spring would be perfect).

preview_spring_ctc_w_shims.gif

Failing that, a stack of disc springs may be soft enough for you? you local DIY store should have a selection of disc springs (also known as belleville washers)

Save your money bud,,,,,,,,,,get some foam earplugs and stick one in each drive cup,,,,,,,works a treat,,,,,,,,that is what i'm using on my baja!!!!!!!!!!

I asked the same questions a month or two ago.
The guys came back with a GREAT idea.
The springs out of a AA battery holder.
I went to Radio Shack and bought a 4 AA battery holder and cut the springs out of it .
After a bit of trimming they fit perfectly.
Cheap, easy fast.
Always works for me.

Good luck

Bill

I asked the same questions a month or two ago.
The guys came back with a GREAT idea.
The springs out of a AA battery holder.
I went to Radio Shack and bought a 4 AA battery holder and cut the springs out of it .
After a bit of trimming they fit perfectly.
Cheap, easy fast.
Always works for me.

Good luck

Bill

I'm giving this one a shot since I have so many of these battery holders laying around. :)

Foam earplugs work great too.

thats guys the aa battery holder things worked a treat. just a shame i have to sell the HARM to fund a shed loads of repairs on my honda crx lol :(

I've used fuel line and it works a treat. Also, you can use rubber grommets or the earplug method.
I don't think the spring from the battery holder would hold up well to the punishment. I think it might loose tension rapidly. Just my opinion though.

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks