SRE customs case reed 71cc rovan.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know SRE.... BTW take into consideration you need the tools and skills to do this. Im a full on CNC machinist and I'll tell you that the average Joe does not have a lathe and Mill sitting in their garage. I stand by my statement. The only way that this engine could be made is if the investment has been made by someone who not only knows how to build engines but has all these machines that you probably use for other things then building model engines.

BTW I have built and ported some engines using Chinese parts so I know a thing or 2 about them. The Rovan 71 is a turd not only confirmed by me but also confirmed by TMR performance which is another shop that is fairly competent at modifying Zenoah engines. The reason so is the ports and positions of parts that fight itself to run. Yeah sizeable chunks can be taken out of the ports at the expense of causing the engine to be structurally weaken to the point of blowing up. There are reports of people being able to score their pistons just by holding the engine and pushing on the heat fins a little bit.

Like I said before cool project but its too expensive.
I hope I didn’t sound confrontational because that is not my intentions.

I will show the finished product when finished. You do make valid points but i think you will be surprised by the final cost as wade does this as a hobby! These engines have been revised since first released

Add a reed case, replacement parts needed, labor, and the pipe and you may be getting real close to the price of a 40GT.
It looks like a fun experiment however Taylor will "for the foreseeable future" have the price/performance crown. BTW don't let the small size of the 40GT confuse you. It's pulling large power thanks to it's completely custom design from a dude who really knows how to build engines and the best part of it all is that it's not even ported.
🥇

I know SRE.... BTW take into consideration you need the tools and skills to do this. Im a full on CNC machinist and I'll tell you that the average Joe does not have a lathe and Mill sitting in their garage. I stand by my statement. The only way that this engine could be made is if the investment has been made by someone who not only knows how to build engines but has all these machines that you probably use for other things then building model engines.

BTW I have built and ported some engines using Chinese parts so I know a thing or 2 about them. The Rovan 71 is a turd not only confirmed by me but also confirmed by TMR performance which is another shop that is fairly competent at modifying Zenoah engines. The reason so is the ports and positions of parts that fight itself to run. Yeah sizeable chunks can be taken out of the ports at the expense of causing the engine to be structurally weaken to the point of blowing up. There are reports of people being able to score their pistons just by holding the engine and pushing on the heat fins a little bit.

Like I said before cool project but its too expensive.
This engine was a project just to see how it would perform. No is saying or trying to be Taylor rc or alx. As far as parts go. Wade uses all Zenoah seals, Nachi or ceramic bearings and Zenoah piston and pins when the engine size will allow. Sre Customs makes great power at a price us average guys can afford. As for the 71 ,we made it because we can ! If it fails we will show it if it is a turd we will say it. This is just a hobby to us, not a living. Seems like it's becoming my stuff is better than yours. If it is fine good for you ! But at the end of the day ,, there just expensive Toys !!! Have a great day.

Let us know a price point on the engine. I watch your YouTube all the time when you go live. Rcpyroone. People get butthurt on here about rovan stuff. don't let it bother you. I enjoy your content.
Why do ppl hate rovan? don't get it..i had so many rovan's and hpi, rovan is way better, sorry..all my builts started with a rovan car, some parts last way longer than hpi parts🤣i guess its all about "branding", same way i think 30 degree north truck is way better than a losi 5t ! Thunder on y.t is the proof for that...

Seems to be a bit of USA good everything else rubbish syndrome going on with a few folks on this post.
I bet you would be surprised to learn how much of American and European product is actually manufactured in the Orient and just assembled in country.
Seen it in industry for years now.

Seems to be a bit of USA good everything else rubbish syndrome going on with a few folks on this post.
I bet you would be surprised to learn how much of American and European product is actually manufactured in the Orient and just assembled in country.
Seen it in industry for years now.

This is everywhere , so many things I see claim to be assembled in USA with globally sourced parts. Let's face it, it is the world we live in today and I can't imagine it changing anytime soon.

As far as Rovan? What do you expect for a $500 entry level 1/5 scale RC.
I bought one for the heck of it for a basher sort of car when they were on sale a couple months back.
Yeah a lot of plastic but I was not expecting a lot. Actually for what it is and what I am going to do with it should be good.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks