Start-up problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc Krazy

I have an fg 530 that will not start it's new it ran for all of 2 hrs I used yamalube 28.1 mix change spark plug made sure all screws were tight don't know what else to do 2 months trying different things totally lost can anyone give some ideas love the hobby just frustrated at this point any help is appreciated....thx also have a super bee kill switch installed wondering if that could be the problem with the radio 15373159281778336507017260415076.jpg15373152719576810791951194611234.jpg15373153436282332746409855391586.jpg15373154681833923911806744998435.jpg15373153753227075858370977818027.jpg

could start with this vid its a tune / break in
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
you could take out the spark plug replace plug cap and pull the starter to see if you have spark. see how you get on with that. or maybe you done that all ready?

Thx guys for info Got it started it was the spark plug now when I start the car it revs at full throttle tried adjusting the idle screw didn't work wondering what could this be any ideas

Hey Dougstar thought about too but there three lines coming out of the gas tank 2 are going to the carb the 3 third one is coming out of the gas cap I thought it was for air pressure any thoughts on that is that normal

Hey Dougstar thought about too but there three lines coming out of the gas tank 2 are going to the carb the 3 third one is coming out of the gas cap I thought it was for air pressure any thoughts on that is that normal

That's normal. The one that goes from the black fill cap is a vent and should go to atmosphere. DDM sells a kit to change it to a little vent thats about 2 in tall if you want.

Are you using fresh gas or is it stuff you had out in your garage? When I got my car, the PO gave me about 1/2 gas of premix they had made up and had tuned the car with. I left it in my garage and could not get the thing to start, many a blister and curse. Tried all kinds of things and eventually just tossed in new gas with stock needle settings and it fired right up.

I have an fg 530 that will not start it's new it ran for all of 2 hrs I used yamalube 28.1 mix change spark plug made sure all screws were tight don't know what else to do 2 months trying different things totally lost can anyone give some ideas love the hobby just frustrated at this point any help is appreciated....thx also have a super bee kill switch installed wondering if that could be the problem with the radio View attachment 46482View attachment 46478View attachment 46479View attachment 46481View attachment 46480
glad you got here running! thats a beautiful car you got there! i cant wait to finish my baja so i can save my pennies for one :ROFLMAO: i want a fg monster truck.

Yeah it's a great car but still having trouble not getting a spark changed plug nothing how can you tell if coil is bad I set the gap w/card used a spark plug tester still no spark

Yeah it's a great car but still having trouble not getting a spark changed plug nothing how can you tell if coil is bad I set the gap w/card used a spark plug tester still no spark
Put a electrical tester in the spark plug boot (were the plug inserts into) and spin it over and if it reads nothing then the coil is probably bad. Good thing could are not too expensive, there like 12 bucks. Oh before that take off the spark plug boot and see if the little copper coloured metal thing is attached to the wire properly

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks