Steering and throttle servo advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcmadman1020

Hey everyone :)

I am looking at new steering and throttle servos for my Hpi Baja 5B ss. I am looking for a good solid brand and a servo that is worth the money it costs. I don't mind paying a little extra for the quality or the extra torque.

I would appreciate any suggestions and/or opinions you might have.

Cheers
Rcmadman1020

As far as a steering servo for the money, a hilantronics Hercules 7000 servo is the best you can get for the money ($160). A close second is the hitec d845wp ($100) I run these personally in most of my rigs and have had good luck.

The Hercules servos have a chip in them that will shut your servo down if it gets to hot to protect it from burning up.

Cheers mate for the info.. Also can I ask are kill switches worth the money, if so what would be the best brand?? I have always just used the built in fail safe on the transmitter.

Yea I have done a little research into the kill switch's and it does make tonne of sense. I for some strange reason didn't think about the receiver battery dying and then what... I certainly am now! I can see you suggested the kicker bee! can you check out the link below John Parks. I also checked super bee. Your thoughts and please supply links if you can, cheers guys

https://predatorrc.com.au/kill-switch-ikilly-tacho-temp-sensor-volt-blue-digi-disp-p-4599.html

The Hilantronic Servo on the Detroit Performance site are misprinted. The 7000 listed is actually a 6000, even the picture shows the 6000.

Here is the Servo info http://www.hilantronics.com.au/#HLT6000WP

The info is slightly misleading the Hitec is doing 698oz at 7.4 volts, and the Hercules is 833oz at 7.4 volts. However the transit time is faster on the Hitec. The hercules servos might be fantastic but what happens when you need to warranty them. Hitec is easy and has great customer service. Hilantronic will either need to go back to detroit Performance of possibly Australia. I am not aware of anyone that sells parts for them. If there is a parts supplier in the US i would really be interested. I just don't think the value is there. besides for another $80 you could go dual servo steering and be way better off.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks