steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nymike

i’ve run 3 tanks through the truck, each time i take it out the steering is less responsive, today was just plain pathetic, it always steered right stronger than left, now the steering is close to non existent, any help would be appreciated

More I think about it...could be as simple as a stripped servo horn...them cheap nylon ones that come with the kit are virtually useless. Start there.

Plenty of people have ran stock servos for years with zero issues.

Surprisingly ,I still have my stock cheap arse steering servo ,but I went through 3 throttle servo's .they
litterely fried an burned a hole through the casing ,don't know why or what caused it ,I just keep shove
another in there ,I have a standard AE. brand in there now ,we will see how long it last!....:unsure:

Before I knew what EPA was and how to adjust it I'd burn up servos a lot. Then I got my futaba 3pm. And the world of programmable radios stopped 90% of my servo issues. Loved that radio, was a real pain to program though. And recievers are out of this world expensive.
Here i go hijacking lol...picked myself up a 4pm few weeks back. Nothing short of an amazing system. It'll do whatever I want it to.
Yep these new radios are great

The stock Spektrum 901 is a god awful servo. Even with conservative EPA's, it still burned up in no time. Exactly as you described. The servo would just become weaker and weaker until it just barely steered. It was noticeably hot once the servo fade was apparent. Just upgrade the servo, it's not up to the job. It lasted all of 3 days for me before I sold it. After it cooled down, seemed to work as normal but it's not correctly spec'd for that vehicle. You can forget running in the grass, it barely holds up on tarmac.

Sean is right though. I find nobody I know uses EPA's. they are very important when it comes to preserving your servos. Unfortunately, EPA's weren't the issue with the Spektrum servos.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks