Steering not returning to centre???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerardw

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and I have an issue with my rovan1/5 baja. The problem is that the steering doesn't return to centre, when you turn right and release the steering wheel it returns to a position to the right of centre, when you turn left then release the steering wheel it returns to a position slightly left of centre . This obviously makes it a handful to drive. This is one of many issues I have had with the kit but most others I have been able to sort.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Regards Gerard

You can use the trim on the radio to fine tune the steering to center,
if its really bad you may have to reposition the servo horn until your happy
All this has to be done while the remote and receiver is turned on

You can use the trim on the radio to fine tune the steering to center,
if its really bad you may have to reposition the servo horn until your happy
All this has to be done while the remote and receiver is turned on

Thanks for replying, but the steering trim isn't the issue, the steering isnt returning to the same position each time the steering wheel is released.

if the fronts lifted off the ground what happens then mate does it return to centre then

Wheels off the ground it behaves in the same way, doesn't centre.
I'm thinking it may be a faulty servo, it kind of makes a grumbling sound until you steer it to the centre or straight ahead position. When I get a chance I'll pull it apart and check for any binding in the steering itself. This car is brand new ( (two tanks of fuel) and has done this from day one.
Thanks

Wheels off the ground it behaves in the same way, doesn't centre.
I'm thinking it may be a faulty servo, it kind of makes a grumbling sound until you steer it to the centre or straight ahead position. When I get a chance I'll pull it apart and check for any binding in the steering itself. This car is brand new ( (two tanks of fuel) and has done this from day one.
Thanks

The stock servo's are never any good, Have you got another servo you can try ? what servo is currently in it ?

The stock servo's are never any good, Have you got another servo you can try ? what servo is currently in it ?

The steering servo was supposedly upgraded by the retailer I bought it from 33kg if I remember right , I'm unsure of the brand though
I'm going to try to get a chance to strip it tomorrow night
Thanks Gerard.

Im pretty sure this has not got anything to do with the servo m8.
As im well into the rc cars, and working on them Alot.

One time, when i changed my servo saver, this happend to me.
And i couldent realy understand why. so i mounted the old one back on, and it was ok. I loosen the Spring on the saver abit and it got better, but not good. then i got a new saver again, and mounted this and it was 100%

Tho depends on how much it holds back, try to loosen the spring abit on the servo saver. and see what happens" shouldent have happend anyways" but for some reason with some savers, it does.

Let me know what happens ;)

Tim,-

Im pretty sure this has not got anything to do with the servo m8.
As im well into the rc cars, and working on them Alot.

One time, when i changed my servo saver, this happend to me.
And i couldent realy understand why. so i mounted the old one back on, and it was ok. I loosen the Spring on the saver abit and it got better, but not good. then i got a new saver again, and mounted this and it was 100%

Tho depends on how much it holds back, try to loosen the spring abit on the servo saver. and see what happens" shouldent have happend anyways" but for some reason with some savers, it does.

Let me know what happens ;)

Tim,-

I've had a similar thing with my fg a few years back, the centre bolt through the middle of the saver had got water and dirt in and corroded which caused similar strange faults, I burnt out 2 805 servos and changed parts over on the front axle before I found the problem, try stripping the saver and putting a thin smear of grease on the moving parts ;)

;) If it ain't broke, bash it till it is ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks