Steering servo attached to "saver" preventing wheel from turning far enough help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveNY

Hey guys, anyone have experience with the steering servo and the "saver" its attached too?? It seems my saver isnt allowing the servo to pull the steering mechanism as far as it should go to turn the wheeles far enough..

I will periodically be checking back to see if any one has any ideas while im cruising around in back yard,, My set-up is stock,,, the servo seems to work fine, but it is activating too much of the "saver" it seems to get the right turn, Ive lenghtened the steering bars for a tiny bit of toe-in... it helped a little, but the issue still remains that when i try to turn right, the servo utilizes alot of the spring on the saver, but don't pull the steering enought, bah,

Last edited:
Which vehicle are you talking about?
What wheels, tyres does it have?
Can you post a couple of photos?

Servo savers are precisely that - they protect servos, particularly the more fragile plastic-geared ones.

The tougher metal-geared ones are still MUCH better with a saver, so DON'T consider using them without one.
There are variations of servo savers on the market, depending on model, and can be more resistant than what you are describing.
Al.

you bet, its a clone rovan t1000...all plastic, got a cheapo for my girl to putz around with...see if shes interested...ill post some pics in a minute..thanks bro

seems like the screw that attaches the servo liknkage to the servo saver is really loose.. alot of play wobbling back n forth too!
Uploading photos now to phtobucket, posting soon

Last edited:
Thanks bro! glad to be here... just getting into this stuff, bought some bashers to see if i wanna really get into the HPI and racing... Got one of the NitroRCX 4wd versions, then, since i found out i live 40 minutes away from KM&Rovan (Kingmotorrc.com & Rovanrc.com) he,s a really kool guy, following his dream of making a tiny living from what he loves, anyways, I can pick up directly from him, and he gives me phenominal discounts. I got a T1000 stock 26cc, and a ROVAN full aluminum 3.0 with the 30.5cc

Not having good luck at photobucket, 99% and stuck, trying again.

Last edited:
I tighten mine down all the way then back it off 2 turns to 2 1/2 turns, i find that works for me....

Have you set your EPA right on the controller....

tighten what down then back of turns?? EPA???whats that?
sry for the delayed responses...my girl is very impatient, so i had to take our cars out for the run in back yard...she left.. i am able to be attentive.

don't know if the servo saver is same mech as the ones used for FG, but you should be able to tighten the bolts right up as the actual saver sits on a spindle freely so no matter how tight you do the bolts up it should not effect the swing of it?

EPA = End Point Adjustment, if your transmitter has this setting & your servo is digital then you can adjust the end points by % value. Basically altering the EPA can give you more or less steering & same goes for the throttle/brake channel.

Your EPA should be set to around 100%, you can go more depending on your servo & transmitter (most can go upto about 120-130%) but i wouldnt recommend anything above 100% or you may end up having a burnt out servo!

Also what servo is it your using exactly, it might just simply not have enough torque?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks