Steering servo install issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
Well the FG monster truck came in from Troy over at LargeScaleRC and I'm now starting to put the servo's into the radio tray however I've already ran into my first problem.

The steering servo doesn't seem to be long enough to span from the front to back of the tray as to install four screws. As it sits I can only get two screws in at the top but that's it.

vbpgimage.php

What's the suggestion I should do? The servo is a Hitec HS-5745MG.

-Michael

You are missing the extension piece that allows you to screw in the smaller 1/4 scale servo. Without it you would need the 805BB which is longer. This photo is the 5745MG installed with the servo extension screwed in place, it should come with the truck in the bag taped to the servo tray..

Attachments

• DSC02663.jpg
    DSC02663.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02662.jpg
    DSC02662.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 69
Ok fine, so I'm a little to excited over this and totally looked over it.

Thanks Bigger the Better!

-Michael

Hamz,

Have you seen the directions/manuals for the FG's? It's all german, all of it. It came with one sheet of paper with some photo's on how to it's supposed to look and how to tape my battery to the truck but nothing about parts.

Though had I looked at what I was given then I would have figured it out. I can't wait to run this thing!

-Michael

Hamz,

Have you seen the directions/manuals for the FG's? It's all german, all of it. It came with one sheet of paper with some photo's on how to it's supposed to look and how to tape my battery to the truck but nothing about parts.

Though had I looked at what I was given then I would have figured it out. I can't wait to run this thing!

-Michael

Wouldn't you think that they know it's going to the USA put another set of instructions in it. Oh, ya they don't have to be bloody politically correct.:blush:

Don't be a sensitive sally, who cares if he said something.

This isn't RCU.

BTW for the price of these trucks, they could include GOOD instructions in ENGLISH.

I agree - instructions would be good - but then again I kind of viewed it as an ownership test.

Either you could work it out - or you didn't deserve it:) That said it always gives me a headache trying to work it out and the amount I wreck the truck that's almost daily:)

On http://www.fg-modellsprt.gmbh.de you can download the FG manuals.
Some of them are half German and Half (bad) English. But better than nothing.

Luckily I read both languages, even if My english is far better than my German.

Well I have had the luxury of being stationed in Germany for the last 3 years and so my German is pretty fluent. So any help with the language barrier, please feel free to ask questions.:2guns:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks