Stock speed for 5t 2.0 V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

For you guys that actually own one of these... how fast does it actually go in stock configuration. I am used to my Losi DBXL-E 2.0 that I run stock(13t pinion and stock motor/esc). Just trying to Guage if speed is the same or how much slower. Thanks.

I can live with 45, especially for how big it is. Been wanting to pull the trigger on one for a while...my first gas rig
I have narrowed it down to the Losi 5t and the Kraken Vekta .5tt. Anyone have experience with the Vekta Trophy Truck?

Last edited:
Here's my vekta lse build if you wanna see both rigs. I built mine on a budget and port built his like he won the lottery :ROFLMAO:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/rep-kraken-5-build.26730/
Thinking about getting the .5tt kit with ddm pipe and engine combo from DDM racing. Which servo would you recomend formthe steering and throttle? Can I use a normal 1/5 Servo? I have a spektrum brushless 1/5 servo I could use if it fits.
Actually, after doing some ofmthat reading, I think the 5t will be much more affordable for me.

Last edited:
I went with a savox for throttle/brake and a hilantronics 8000 for steering.

I'm not knocking ddm but the dom pipe wasn't impressive and the engine had a mediocre transition from low to high and a few of us mentioned that a vekta isn't a beginner rig as they need help immediately with upgrades for them to be an enjoyable rig.

My 2.0 has stock servos still but the engine is a full mod and it's very reliable and takes a good beating https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/r-e-p-5ive-2-0-build.25743/

I don't do a lot of driving. I just love building kit rc's. Ive built so many electric kits from Tekno and Axial. That trophy truck just looks so awesome, it keeps catching my eye. Too bad they don't offer the Losi 5t in kit form.

Sorry if i'm being a pain, but... Lets say I pick up the vekta .5tt from DDM for $1,300 and I have a $2,000 budget... I have a spektrum S9120BL brushless 1/5 servo i could use for steering. So about another 110 for a throttle servo. Looks like after tax I will be at about $1500 at this point. Is there a decent motor/pipe combo I could get for under $500? If I decide to go a little over budget, are there some absolutely neccessary upgrades I will need?

Your fine man were here to help.
It will be extremely hard to find a engine/pipe combo for 500 and you'll be on the used side as you won't find anything new for 500. I do have a basically brand new dom pipe I used on my vekta pretty sure I used it twice that I'd sell. Bottom line is no way your finishing the rig for 500 after purchasing it

ESP Ported Zenoah G320RC 31.8cc / G340RC 34.0cc 4-Bolt Engine - Complete with clutch - bb130x​

Would this be a good motor choice? If not, which motor and pipe would you recommend? I can start on the kit and add the motor a little later
I'll just increase my budget to $2500 and not tell the wife

To be budgeting imo you need the vertigo pinion shaft and the matching clutchbell the factory bell is garbage, zenoah g320, chyung yang or turtle racing clutch housing. Get a vrc pipe, but !#1 before you run it and to protect your investment,yourself, the people and the objects around you get a killswitch. As most of us do you should watch ddms daily deals as your building your kit. You will save a lot on upgrades if that's your desire and the g320engines come up quite frequently on the deals. But do expect to go over any budget. This is part of the 5th scale game. I chose to go bananas and upgrade everything, and am running a 80cc bigbore but Im at a disadvantage .The more power the easier things break.

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_132406_622.jpg
    IMG_20210303_132406_622.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210303_132819_140.jpg
    IMG_20210303_132819_140.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210217_082923_625.jpg
    IMG_20210217_082923_625.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks bro!! 🤣 his budget will change if he get it just like everyone else..I was bummin over the 1300 at first🤣🤣🤣🤣 now...I'm in wayy deeeep, and now got many builds gong on and ...fek me!🤦🏻‍♂️..but I love it. The builds are awesome to do and fun to share. Its Rc art !🎨

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks