Stolen lauterbacher ls3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noyb98098

All -

I had recently dropped my car off to my local hobby shop to make some body modifications and pick up some new servo's. The guy who worked on all my cars worked on this one as well, apparently he took it home and it was stolen out of his car. Please don't ask me why he left it in his car as I'm still trying to figure that part out myself, a police report has been filed and they active searching for the car to see if it turns up on ebay, pawn shop, craigs list etc. The car is missing key parts to make it work, therefore whoever stole it wont have too many places to go to purchase them as I'm in touch with all suppliers that could get the parts state side as well as int'l. If anyone is contacted or has seen this car, please PM me immediately.

20120313_171601.jpg

20120313_171609.jpg

20120319_235721.jpg

20120319_235736.jpg

All -

I had recently dropped my car off to my local hobby shop to make some body modifications and pick up some new servo's. The guy who worked on all my cars worked on this one as well, apparently he took it home and it was stolen out of his car. Please don't ask me why he left it in his car as I'm still trying to figure that part out myself, a police report has been filed and they active searching for the car to see if it turns up on ebay, pawn shop, craigs list etc. The car is missing key parts to make it work, therefore whoever stole it wont have too many places to go to purchase them as I'm in touch with all suppliers that could get the parts state side as well as int'l. If anyone is contacted or has seen this car, please PM me immediately.

20120313_171601.jpg

20120313_171609.jpg

20120319_235721.jpg

20120319_235736.jpg

Very sorry to read your news.
Pity there wasn't a happier reason to join the Forum, but there are PLENTY of enthusiasts visiting this Forum on a regular basis.
Please fill in your location - assist anyone encountering anything suspicious to help you.
You'll find this in the UserCP section.

Al.

lets just hope it gets found safe and returned and the scum bag theif stoned to death by small rocks

i realy feel for ya mate id be out looking for them big time

Sorry to hear the sad news.. but in my opinion all work to the car should of been carried out onsite at he's shop.....he should never of taken it home and for that reason alone i would hold him 100% responsible......

Hope you get the car back but its very highly unlikely

Thanks guys - and yes I think it is unlikely that it will return and even if it is found it most likely wont be the same (scratched, dinged, etc). As it stands now either the shop or employee who took it upon himself to take it home and then leave it in his car will be responsible for repayment of the car.

If the employee took it home from the hobby shop without your consent that is steeling and should be charged with theft

Hope you get some compensation or the car returned

some compensation no mate like for like replacements what you want and judging by your pics its a few quids worth of car i mean its not your average run of the mill car

Hey guys thanks for all of the replies, but it looks like there is a bit of good news. The hobby shop will be covering the car for it's full orginal price plus parts etc. So this is bitter sweet.. Whoever has stolen he LB is going to have a hard to time trying to get her to run as all of the parts suppliers have been notified which part to be on a look out for if ordered.

i hate to say it, but keep an eye out of ebay. i doubt the people that stole it know what they have, so i doubt they will end up trying to get it running. could end up on ebay as is, may end up being parted out. being such a noticeable car it may end up in pieces.

hay guys very sad news about the car being stolen i do hope it gets found or you get the money for it however that wont cover the amount of time and effort you've put into it which is priceless and if it was me even making another one wouldn't be the same.
I don't disagree with anything said of course but guys please be careful saying about the guy taking stuff home from the shop etc. Incase by chance he looks on the forum and trys to do anyone for misinformaton and all that stuff. Its so easy these days for people to get people into trouble for stuff they have typed inoccently. so ya just wouldnt want to see anyone on forum getting in trouble by the guy going rar lol.

its a aweful something like this well anything would be stolen. hope it gets sorted i feel for you lots, id never leave anything in my car let alone my rc cars ahhh.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks