Stopping the FG Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

hello guy, I've been reading up on front brakes cause as I understand it the brake on the FG is pretty crappy?

I'm wondering if there's a better rear brake out there. I cannot afford the front ones and also it seems to be more parts that can brake when I bash.

thnx for reading.
/Gus

YEs there is a better way, if your still running the fiberglass (original) one, change it over to the alloy gear plate (side plate where the clutch sits) and get the 97 brake with all upps to it, if you need, ill post the brake im runing in here, took me 5 weeks and 3 fiberglass discs in the trash to figure out, that the stock brake is trash. greets

YEs there is a better way, if your still running the fiberglass (original) one, change it over to the alloy gear plate (side plate where the clutch sits) and get the 97 brake with all upps to it, if you need, ill post the brake im runing in here, took me 5 weeks and 3 fiberglass discs in the trash to figure out, that the stock brake is trash. greets

just found out, that i cant find the whole kit in germany no more, so it would be all single numbers, see if you can get the tuning kit for the 97 brake, otherwise ill post all the numbers here for you.

thanx, not sure I follow u though. the 97 brake?
plz post screenie if you can.

tyvm \ Gus

There is another trick you can do to tighten up the stock rear brakes if you can't afford the upgrades at the moment:

On the gear carrier which is the item that holds the small gear, the large gear and the brakes all together, there are two small holes that line up behind the 1st metal brake disk. Dill those holes all the way through if not already drilled out. Take two allen headed grub screws and screw them into the holes. This will allow you to adjust the back metal brake plate closer to the 1st disk, which allows for better adjustment and more pressure to the brake pads on both sides.:)

The upgrades are a good idea in the near future!

Attachments

• DSC02902.jpg
    DSC02902.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 34
I'll be coming out with a low cost $85, set of Tuned brakes for the FG line-up. I'm just about to start shipping them for the Baja, so I'll have some time to start figuring them out for the FG.

that sounds great!

with my luck you will have the brakes rdy befor i get the engine started :helpsmilie:

just got home from work so i need a few hours of sleep then ill try gettin the motor started and also ill see if i can add some pictures :)

thanx, not sure I follow u though. the 97 brake?
plz post screenie if you can.

tyvm \ Gus

here is a pic of my brake, before i had the upped disc and pads, sorry for the bad quality.

Attachments

• l92y39jE.jpg
    l92y39jE.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Monster_18.3.07_002_600x450.jpg
    Monster_18.3.07_002_600x450.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
when you eventually go for front brakes i would recommend hydros namely kpd's mark 3 hydros very affordable and used alot in competition as well.

cyclops,

I too was looking at the items over at Python Motor Sports - you say we need the last three items? Is this correct or do we just need the last item (fg#8449) and third from last item (fg#7474)?

-Michael

You need the two 7474 & 7497.
The 8449 is optional but in my opinion is a good upgrade. With it you will get a metal brake disk a better set of real type break pads and two aluminum fittings which will replace the plastic ones. All in all I like the set up for rear braking and with the MT front cable brakes I'm happy with the braking.:)

cyclops,

I too was looking at the items over at Python Motor Sports - you say we need the last three items? Is this correct or do we just need the last item (fg#8449) and third from last item (fg#7474)?

-Michael

Woodie .. pm Chop suey .. i think he will or has some of his custom ones .. that is the gear carrier and brake mounts all outta one piece of 6061 alloy .. i have seen it and DOES look sweet .. but i already have mine completely upgraded otther wise i'd be all over his like white on rice !!
then you'lll just need to buy the steel disk upgrade .. ?forget part number ! but on pythongs its the last one on the bottom of tyhe page ..

Woodie .. pm Chop suey .. i think he will or has some of his custom ones .. that is the gear carrier and brake mounts all outta one piece of 6061 alloy .. i have seen it and DOES look sweet .. but i already have mine completely upgraded otther wise i'd be all over his like white on rice !!
then you'lll just need to buy the steel disk upgrade .. ?forget part number ! but on pythongs its the last one on the bottom of tyhe page ..

I would agree some real great work put into his stuff. I think these are the photos of his artistry.

Attachments

• To44378[1].jpg
    To44378[1].jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Us54001[1].jpg
    Us54001[1].jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Xs59013[2].jpg
    Xs59013[2].jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 118
Thought so, man I can feel the jealousy flowing through my veins when I see his work. I sure wish I could do stuff like that.:cool2:
Talk about not worrying if you break a part.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks