STRONGEST STANDARD SERVO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

I use a standard throttle servo for my Redcat Rampage XR. Well, I drove to a parking lot today, started my car and the throttle servo started glitching and then it began to smoke and it was dead. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Can you guys suggest a strong standard servo that you'd recommend for heavy, fifth-scale gas, throttle work? Please?20190609_172931.jpg

There are some very good servo's on the market like Hitec, but for the money & because I have been very satisfied with them, I only buy savox servo's for everything that needs a servo, from large scale to micro.

I use the Hi Tec cause I'm only running 6 volts in my Redcat and the 7.4 volt ones drain the RX battery.

Last edited:
I use a standard throttle servo for my Redcat Rampage XR. Well, I drove to a parking lot today, started my car and the throttle servo started glitching and then it began to smoke and it was dead. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Can you guys suggest a strong standard servo that you'd recommend for heavy, fifth-scale gas, throttle work? Please?View attachment 51833
Hitec 840 845 beast u will be happy

I burned up 3 throttle servo's in my Baja ,I am guessing ,that I may need a servo with more power as well!
Have to make sure you setting your end points right ....... that's possibly why the servos are not lasting. My baja has a futaba with very low torque 2kg if I remember right with no worries ??
I just bought the savox sw1210sg it's great has 20kg of torque ?? water proof??
I have this in my FG

Have to make sure you setting your end points right ....... that's possibly why the servos are not lasting. My baja has a futaba with very low torque 2kg if I remember right with no worries ??

I have this in my FG

I would have to check into that ,I never had that issue with none of my other scale RC's ,even with my steering servo on
hard core bashing!

I am going to get another servo ,I don't want to use no more of my standard servo's in my stock!
I was also thinking that I might need one that can handle more voltage ,but I don't know .
like I said ,never had this type of issue before ,in the 30 years that I had with RC's ,......having the
Baja was the first ,an the original throttle servo did last a couple of years ,I am quite sure that it isn't a
short in my rec. ,as I did pull it an used it in another ride for a while with out issues to my other servo's ,
but also ,the Baja has that sub C 6.0 volt battery pack ,I am not sure if that huge pack has some thing
to do with it!

I would have to check into that ,I never had that issue with none of my other scale RC's ,even with my steering servo on
hard core bashing!

I am going to get another servo ,I don't want to use no more of my standard servo's in my stock!
I was also thinking that I might need one that can handle more voltage ,but I don't know .
like I said ,never had this type of issue before ,in the 30 years that I had with RC's ,......having the
Baja was the first ,an the original throttle servo did last a couple of years ,I am quite sure that it isn't a
short in my rec. ,as I did pull it an used it in another ride for a while with out issues to my other servo's ,
but also ,the Baja has that sub C 6.0 volt battery pack ,I am not sure if that huge pack has some thing
to do with it!

6 volts wouldn't hurt the servo. No matter how big the pack the voltage remains the same.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks