stuck between kraton 8s or traxxas xrt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevinator

im considering both the kraton 8s and the traxxas xrt as my next rc. i like the parts availability for traxxas, but at the same time, i can get the kraton 8s right now and not have to wait..... i like that the kraton has a bit more gc than the xrt and i like the parts availability of traxxas. im torn between the two! what would you go with?

i need a 4x4 for where im at. there is too much grass for a 2wd, and i don't like dealing with temperamental nitro engines. too many blisters from my first one....

im considering both the kraton 8s and the traxxas xrt as my next rc. i like the parts availability for traxxas, but at the same time, i can get the kraton 8s right now and not have to wait..... i like that the kraton has a bit more gc than the xrt and i like the parts availability of traxxas. im torn between the two! what would you go with?
What 5th scales do you have now?

What 5th scales do you have now?
i don't currently have a 1/5th scale. i have a slash 4x4 with a 1/8 castle motor setup, a traction hobby founder 2, an axial capra and an scx 24 gladiator fully metaled out. i was looking at either the kraton 8s or the traxxas xrt as my first 1/5th scale rc. i saw a kraton 8s at my local hobby shop and ever since then, i have been wanting and rc of that size to play with! i added a couple pics of my current rc's

Attachments

• 20221031_183938.jpg
    20221031_183938.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221105_145352.jpg
    20221105_145352.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221106_203551.jpg
    20221106_203551.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221106_203619.jpg
    20221106_203619.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
If I was you I'd get the xrt or an x-maxx. I've heard heavy bashing on the arrma stuff bends the chassis plates, hence why I went with an x-maxx, the xrt is similar to the x-maxx just the chassis and wheels are different. The xrt uses the widemaxx kit as stock and it appears there's a bit of a difference with the esc and 4 motor fans on the xrt.

If I was you I'd get the xrt or an x-maxx. I've heard heavy bashing on the arrma stuff bends the chassis plates, hence why I went with an x-maxx, the xrt is similar to the x-maxx just the chassis and wheels are different. The xrt uses the widemaxx kit as stock and it appears there's a bit of a difference with the esc and 4 motor fans on the xrt.
i think im going to wait for the xrt. i like that it is basically a lcg version of the xmaxx so it will handle better and still be durable. that along with parts support for traxxas makes me think that is the way to go. i just wish i could get one before the snow flies!

Ah ok, a friend of mine has a hobby shop and has 2 left in stock. I've seen them in person their beyond pre order now, have you looked or called local hobby shops?

Ah ok, a friend of mine has a hobby shop and has 2 left in stock. I've seen them in person their beyond pre order now, have you looked or called local hobby shops?
i have not checked my local hobby shop. i want to use affirm to order it as i don't have the cash saved up to walk in and buy one at this moment.

I have the widemaxx kit on mine and it's alright but I did ask @Clubin for his opinion and i now agree with his thoughts and it isnt bad but could be better. if it had lcg like the xrt it would be great but thats why the xrt is here lol . The xmaxx still is tip happy when pushed with aggressive turns but is more stable than previous. I did buy the widemaxx kit tho to settle my urge to go buy am xrt tho if that makes it easier for you but you would have more into the xmaxx trying to make it handle like the xrt out of the box versus just paying the xrt and ready to go immediately.

If you plan on bashing hard and jumping high I'd say the xmaxx as it has more suspension travel, from what I've seen on the review videos it slaps the chassis pretty hard and almost everytime.

I have the widemaxx kit on mine and it's alright but I did ask @Clubin for his opinion and i now agree with his thoughts and it isnt bad but could be better. if it had lcg like the xrt it would be great but thats why the xrt is here lol . The xmaxx still is tip happy when pushed with aggressive turns but is more stable than previous. I did buy the widemaxx kit tho to settle my urge to go buy am xrt tho if that makes it easier for you but you would have more into the xmaxx trying to make it handle like the xrt out of the box versus just paying the xrt and ready to go immediately.

If you plan on bashing hard and jumping high I'd say the xmaxx as it has more suspension travel, from what I've seen on the review videos it slaps the chassis pretty hard and almost everytime.
i don't plan on doing any crazy jumps with it currently, im just looking for a good handling and fast 1/5th scale rc. eventually i would like to make a track on one of the fields behind my house, so it may see some good jumps in the future.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks