Stuttering when driving.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrington81

Hello! When I drive my Raminator it stutters and jerks. When I have he wheels off the ground I turn the front wheels and it jerks almost like something is binding. When I turn the rears it’s fine. Only the fronts are doing this.

Hey Rick. I took the front axle apart and found the diff was fine. I think issue was the bearing at the very end of h the axle was shot. When u turned the axle shaft the steering knuckle would move up and down on one side.

What did u use for the brass bushing mod? Or where do u find it?

Hey Rick I got a question for ya. My steering servo are acting kind of weird. I took it out yesterday and the steering was not automatically going back to centre from left and right. Off the ground the servos don’t have the speed as before and harder to turn it by hand. Don’t know if the servos are fried?

I don’t know how to do that.
Figured it out one of the servos was fried
Do u upgrade the servos or just stay with the 70kg.

Last edited:
You beat me too it @harrington81 . Was gonna say, sounds like one is toast. You have one servo trying to not only push the steering but also fighting the dead servo. Thus it wont properly recenter and its gonna be much slower. I would replace both with upgraded servos and you will be back in business! Make sure to that when you install new, you have the servos in their neutral positions, set up your mechanical adjustments so all is square then hook it all up and do any fine tuning via your radio. Also be sure to set your end points to prevent over driving the new servos. Hit me up if you have questions. Ill help ya out.

What brand are you looking to run? 100s will work for sure, of course the 130s give it more overall "power" to turn the heavy wheels, but for sure the 100s will work. The stock ones were only 70kg. So the 100s are an improvement right off the bat. I ask what your looking to run as it sounds like Primal is still having servo issues. Might be better to go to a true after market servo
@John Parks has expertise here for sure. I have been blessed, knock on wood...all 4 of my steering servos are still stock and good to go!

Hey Rick how are ya, anyway I have question on tuning. How far in do u lean the high speed. I think I turned it just over a quarter. How do u know if you’ve gone to far?

If you go too lean the engine will run pretty hot and you will melt off the exhaust coupler
You have the stock engine?
A quarter turn shouldn’t be too lean from stock settings
Run it full throttle on a long straight stretch and hit the engine kill on the transmitter while you are going full throttle and check your plug to see what color it is
If it’s gray/white your too lean
Black is too rich
You want a cardboard box brown color

I have mine tuned by sound. It sounds weird but @Seandonato73 helped me figure it out. I honestly don't remember how many turns out it is lol. I have only had to mess with it a 1/16th a turn or so here and there depending on weather. Sorry not much help lol! I truly just listen for a smooth transition all the way through. I get it set to where it is running amazing, then richen it just a tad as I am not racing the big ol' pig lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks