Super Bee kill switch features

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killer RC

I get lots of PMs and emails asking about the Super Bees various features. So maybe this will help.

Most of us have a lot of money invested in our gas RCs, and we want them to be well protected from a dangerous runaway. The Super Bee is the best protection you can add to your gas RC, and to prove it, I'm going to list some of the important features that set the Super Bee kill switch kit apart from the competition.

killer4u.jpg

beeinhandp.jpg

http://www.killerrc.com/product-category/kill-switches/gas/

The Super Bee works with 2, 3, or 4+ channel radios. You can turn the Aux control feature on or off. No other kill switch can do that. If you want to add a light controller to your 3 channel radio then you can easily do so, and the Super Bee will still work. Just flip down the #1 dip switch, and then the Super Bee will only kill when you have a glitch or turn off the transmitter power.

The Super Bee works with 2.4ghz, FM, most PCM, and AM radios (AM radios should not really be used on gas engine RCs). The Super Bee works with analog or digital radios. Doesn't matter how high the resolution/frame rate, HRS, PCM, PPM, 5.5ms, 11ms, etc. There is no radio signal too fast that the Super Bee can't "read". See the radio compatibility chart. http://www.killerrc.com/radio-kill-switch-compatibility-chart/

The Super Bee works with 4 to 9 volt radio receiver batteries, so it's 2S 7.4v LiPo compatible. With other kill switches you have to install a voltage regulator inline for the kill switch to work on 7.4v. That's just more stuff to mess with and possibly fail when you need it.

The Super Bee has adjustable low voltage cutoff. If you want to switch your receiver battery from a 6v NiMh to a 7.4v LiPo you can adjust the Super Bee to protect your higher voltage battery from being over-discharged. The Super Bee works with 4.8v, 6v, 6.6v, or 7.4v battery packs. By the way, you never want to use a generic kill switch that has a 3.0v cutoff, because most radio receivers go into failsafe mode at 3.5v, so the kill switch would be useless. The Super Bees adjustable cutoff is 3.8v, 4.5v, 5v, 6v. It comes set from the factory at 4.5v (4 amber LED flashes at power up)

The Super Bee has adjustable glitch sensitivity, which is nice if you want to drive at long distances without prematurely killing the engine because of small glitches. Some radios naturally have small glitches, and with this feature you can make the Super Bee "ignore" these small glitches and allow the engine to run, unless a significant radio glitch happens.

Twin engine capability. You can turn a regular Super Bee into a twin Super Bee by just soldering in an extra cable (available from us) into the 2 empty holes of the Super Bees circuit board.

The Super Bee has 6v LED output that can power up to 50 LEDs, like 4 sets of HPI Baja LED headlights (that we sell). It will make the lights flash when your battery voltage gets low or if your radio has a glitch. Other kill switches can only power 1 LED, or no remote LEDs at all.

Buzzer output. The audible buzzer reminds you to flip your radio switch before trying to start the engine. Or it reminds you to turn off the receiver battery once you have turned off the transmitter.

The Super Bee is half the size of other kill switches. Its easy to fit in any radio box.

The Super Bee kit comes with a quick disconnect JST plug on the ignition cable, to make it easy to remove your battery box or swap out the engine.

The Super Bee kit has EMI filtered ignition cable, to help prevent radio interference through the cable.

The Super Bee kit is easy to install. No need to solder or crimp any connectors. Just remove the old push button switch on the engine and install our new one.

Engine Temp sensor module coming soon. So the Super Bee can kill the engine if it gets too hot.

Data logging module coming soon. So the Super Bee can send info to your smart phone or computer about your cars: voltage, engine temp, and radio glitches.

The Super Bee is available in a car kit, boat kit, or twin engine kit. This makes it plug and play on most any type of vehicle engine.

The Super Bee was designed and is manufactured in Ohio, USA. We test each kit thoroughly before packing them up and shipping them out to customers.

1 year warranty, and usually we will still fix the parts even if they are older than 1 year. I have repaired a 4 year old kill switch before. No charge to the customer.

We have dealers worldwide. We ship worldwide, Monday - Saturday.

We have the best customer support in the business.

Thanks,
Kent

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks Trebor.
By the way, here's another important thing to consider.
You never want to use a generic kill switch that has a 3.0v cutoff, because most radio receivers go into failsafe mode or just shut off at 3.5v, so the kill switch would be kicking in too late and could allow a runaway. The Super Bees' adjustable cutoff is 3.8v, 4.5v, 5v, 6v. It comes set from the factory at 4.5v (4 amber LED flashes at power up). If you have a 7.4v lipo make sure you raise the cutoff to 6v. To protect the lipo battery from over-discharge.

Last edited:
Now this is good info . To anyone looking for a kill switch this is the one to put your money on . Tried tested and trusted by many in the large scale world. And Kent will back his product with advice and trouble shooting help.

May be a dumb question, but being new to 1/5th scale I have already purchased some products that don't really work. Does this killswitch work with the FS GT3B? If so, I will buy one immediately. I had purchased another "killswitch" brand and it doesn't work properly.

Yes the Super Bee works with the FlySky GT3B.

What is the other brand kill switch that you tried to use?
That's common with some of the Chinese crap that's on eBay.

Yes the Super Bee works with the FlySky GT3B.

What is the other brand kill switch that you tried to use?
That's common with some of the Chinese crap that's on eBay.

It's a RAMTech RC "generic killswitch"...Found a pretty interesting thread on here about it's "release". Really wish I had come across that prior to purchasing them. I was thinking I might want to upgrade the TX/RX to something better anyway after seeing 1/5 scale in action. That's a lot of weight to be zipping around on faith in a "cheap China" system.

I guess I'm going to eat the cost on these switches and go with the Killer RC...I think I just prefer piece of mind at this point. The Killer is a NC relay type system correct? Lots of piece of mind in knowing that even if the battery is ripped out (extreme I know) it will still kill it.

Last edited:
The Killer is a NC relay type system correct? Lots of piece of mind in knowing that even if the battery is ripped out (extreme I know) it will still kill it.

Yes, it kills the engine during low battery, or total battery power loss. Also during radio glitches, or via the Aux button on the transmitter.

I can't say enough nice things about Killer RC's customer support. They're always ready to help you answer any questions you have. They even help people with general electrical issues that aren't even related to their products on many of the 5th scale forums.

I wish I could rave about how awsome the Super B is, but my old Killer B just won't die. I've had lots of wrecks over the years, breaking many parts, and even bent the frame once, but never had a single issue with my kill switch after all these years of abusing my Baja.

On a side note, they also make some other Killer products. I had a problem breaking suspension arms and shock ends when the car tumbled during a bad wreck. After installing the Killer Kables, I havn't had any problems, and I'm still running the stock HPI arms. I bought the Pro Kables with several different leingths, and I use them to make quick changes to my ride heigth without having to change the preload, which changes the way the car handles. This allowes me to change from my offroad setup, to my oval setup in half the time.

I also have the rear turnbuckle pro kit. It almost eliminates the baja's weakest link in it's suspension arms, without adding all the extra weight, and cost of going to aluminium arms which IMHO is a waist of money. These things are heavy enough they're going to bend those aluminium arms, then you're looking at a $40 repair bill, instead of $12.

To be fair here, I have to also include the negative side too. You guys just have too many products for sale... I can't afford to buy them all. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Yeah @Killer RC all the way. I have trusted nothing but killer rc. I have super killer bees on my losi 5t and rampage mt and no problems. I always feel protected when I start that engine :). Keep those great products coming kent..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks