supertough bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howdedoodee

good day to you all.

I am about to make a master mold loosely of the design below using the mcd as the datum.
once finished this master will enable us to make many shells.
The shells will be made as follows:
1. white very smooth gelcoat finished ready for painting.
2. 1.5mm 2mm or 3mm thick fiberglass base structure.(thickness as per order)
3.metal micro-mesh reinforcing to critical areas.(wings and front former).
4:we expect these to outlast your polycarbonate shells tenfold.
5:cost will be similar to cost of poly shells.
6:your side dirt guards will have to be removed as body will tuck tight into the chassis as per picture design.
7.your rear wing is also removed.
8.once your side guards and rear wing are removed we expect the weight to be near to poly shells as makes no difference.
9.If we have a lot of interest we plan to make many master molds of wild and futuristic designs to choose from,to include many models.
Please let us know what you all think.
thanks for you time
regards john

Attachments

• 25767_1125703839_medium.jpg
    25767_1125703839_medium.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Sure you want to make all those sharp items on the shells? I would think it would make areas that may crack. Futuristic is cool to look at but not sure they sell too well?

Good luck either way and welcome to the forum.

I think I agree with BTB. Cool to look at but not sure about the sales?? I know you are trying to create something different but maybe offering the standard design shells that we all know sell will give you a good base turnover & then offer the futuristic designs as an alternative with less risk to your venture. Unless you are already manufaturing the std shells???
Good luck anyway :cool2:

I like the look of the body on the picture, however, what chassis will it fit on?

Welcome to the forum.

Chris

Sounds good to me, can't wait to see what you can do. Your up against some pretty stiff competition on the board here hehe. Possibilities are endless really. I would like a fibreglass on road body. I am turning my vw into an on road too and it's got a fibreglass body

Howdedoodee, it sounds a great idea.
Any thoughts for trucks?
The FG F150's a nice mould, but in the real world, including Monster Jam, everyone's using the 2008 F250 body nowadays. There's definitely a need for this body I'd say.
Alan.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks