Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Switch bad?

Discussion in 'KillerRC' started by Steve Macdonald, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Steve Macdonald

Steve Macdonald Well-Known Member

I have two killer rc kill switches that were bought from DDM in the past couple months.

I'm trying to get it working on my Losi 5T but it never cuts the motor, ever. Even when the receiver is totally off I can start the motor. Only when I press the red button does the motor stop.

My other switch was working on my Baja clone, but that truck is now disassembled and the switch removed. I tried both switch/cable assemblies on the Losi with the same result: the motor always starts and runs regardless of whether there is a green light, red light or no light.

I tried the switch installed on the motor -- connected to the ignition lugs. I also tried using a meter to see what's happening. Either way, it only closes the circuit across the ignition lugs when the red switch is pressed.

This can't be right! Are the cables/switches bad, or am I just doing something totally wrong?

2. Phill2

Phill2 Well-Known Member

If it works on the Baja there's no reason it wouldn't work on the Losi.
    Same switch and same ignition set up.
    Are you getting a good connection to the lugs?

3. Steve Macdonald

Steve Macdonald Well-Known Member

I found the problem -- see my post in Losi 5T thread.