switching from Fuelie to Zenoah?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor50

Ok, I got the Z motor and want to use it in my 5T/5Bss, Yes I bought two at ssame time.. I heard that you have to switch out the clutch. Is there a reason for this? is it cuz the brake throttle will hit the Z. housing? It would be great if someone could post pics. thanks..

remove the clutch and z clutch houseing and replace both with the cy clutch and clutch houseing.
now the zs will bolt right in with no problems at all.
i did this with my z motor.
fit perfect.

you don't HAVE to swap the zen housing for the CY, but it does make life easier for the throttle linkage, it rubs the Zen housings and they can be a bit intrusive on the baja.

ok, here is the situation. I was able to remove the zenoah clutch housing and replace with CY housing but the prob. is that when I try to replace the Zenoah clutch the pull starter wont turn. Its kinda hard to explain but i think its binding against the housing. Any idea how I can fix this?

Also, How do I replace/remove the CY/Fuelie clutch? I got the clutch puller but it doesn't work. I cant seem to pull it out..

i take it you don't mean the shoes but the clutch plate the shoes mount to? if you mean the clutch shoes themselves, take the mounting bolt off and they come right off.

then i just take the mounting bolt out of the shoe plate (center bolt that holds it to the crank) then with bolt out, i grab a pair of adustable pliers, grab the plate and twist/pull at the same time. the plate will turn, get loose and pull off.

when you put the CY clutch housing on , you will also need to use the cy clutch shoe plate.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks