Tayler or ALX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathrawt

Just wondering what everyone’s opinions of these two engine/pipe combos, is one really better then the other?
Judging by the forum it seems the Tayler rc is the most popular
The reason I have an interest in the ALX is because I really don’t like the pipe design of the Tayler
The ALX has the pipe tucked away and it’s more protected and the truck looks much better then having a torpedo sticking way out
I’ve tried upgrading the stock engine for more performance by adding a 4 petal reed and a Baja style walbro carb but that stock engine just don’t put out so looking to upgrade

Just wondering what everyone’s opinions of these two engine/pipe combos, is one really better then the other?
The reason I have an interest in the ALX is because I really don’t like the pipe design of the Tayler
The ALX has the pipe tucked away and it’s more protected and the truck looks much better then having a torpedo sticking way out
I’ve tried upgrading the stock engine for more performance by adding a 4 petal reed and a Baja style walbro carb but that stock engine just don’t put out so looking to upgrade

I assume your talking an engine for the raminator, in which case I'd agree about the pipe. But keep in mind, with bigger engines comes more drivetrain issues. My 50gt is absolutely perfect even running tall gears it still wheelies on command and has a decent top end.

That is one of the main reasons I have not gone to a different engine. I don't care for the rocket in the bed look, especially for the "scale" look I am going for. OBR had a promising looking set up...made the engines but like a lot of builders, couldn't get pipes made. So until I can find a solid engine builder with a pipe tucked away..I will happily keep plugging along with my stock engine.

Go with what works with you? If alx has a setup you like go for it if the pipe is what is bothering you do it bud they both have nice engines etc don't think you will be disappointed

I assume your talking an engine for the raminator, in which case I'd agree about the pipe. But keep in mind, with bigger engines comes more drivetrain issues. My 50gt is absolutely perfect even running tall gears it still wheelies on command and has a decent top end.
That’s the main thing that’s concerning me about the alx engine
I don’t want to be destroying the drivetrain if possible as all of you know this thing isn’t cheap to fix!
I wonder if the alx pipe would work with the Tayler 50 gt?

That’s the main thing that’s concerning me about the alx engine
I don’t want to be destroying the drivetrain if possible as all of you know this thing isn’t cheap to fix!
I wonder if the alx pipe would work with the Tayler 50 gt?

The pipe will work on the rcmax with the adaptor from alx, but it may cause fitment issues up top hitting cage or body etc.

good to know...
Was just doing some cost comparisons between the two, As I am in Canada I get the luxury of getting hosed almost immediately due to our crappy dollar!
Anyways the Tayler kit according to exchange is 2735
the ALX would be 3243
That's minus shipping and of course our crooked customs fees
If I bought the adapter and an alx pipe plus the Tayler kit I most likely will be over the cost of the ALX package
So I guess I need to decide if saving 500 bucks is worth the not scale look of the torpedo pipe
How is the pipe and metal cage protector holding up on them during rollovers and crashes?
The tayler package would be quicker and easier to get as it comes out of the US so need to consider that too
I imagine parts support would be good with either
I'm planning this to be a winter project so still have some time to decide

good to know...
Was just doing some cost comparisons between the two, As I am in Canada I get the luxury of getting hosed almost immediately due to our crappy dollar!
the ALX would be 3243
If I bought the adapter and an alx pipe plus the Tayler kit I most likely will be over the cost of the ALX package
So I guess I need to decide if saving 500 bucks is worth the not scale look of the torpedo pipe
How is the pipe and metal cage protector holding up on them during rollovers and crashes?
The tayler package would be quicker and easier to get as it comes out of the US so need to consider that too
The only thing I have ever heard or seen of the cage was when Medic rolled his...check this video. Jump to 2 mins. Mind you this has the 80 in it..so I am only referencing the cage.

good to know...
the ALX would be 3243

I haven't had an issue yet with the pipe on my raminator getting crushed or anything and it has taken some good rolls. Both have great parts support.

Got a bit of info to share
I sent Tayler rc an e mail regarding the pipe design and if they would possibly make an inboard pipe for it similar to the alx
Mike messaged me back and said that they will design one as soon as they can
He said a compact in frame pipe will lose a bit of torque compared to the long stinger pipe but should still be good
So I will be going with the Tayler 50 gt for my engine choice and getting the new pipe when it is available :)

Got a bit of info to share
I sent Tayler rc an e mail regarding the pipe design and if they would possibly make an inboard pipe for it similar to the alx
Mike messaged me back and said that they will design one as soon as they can
He said a compact in frame pipe will lose a bit of torque compared to the long stinger pipe but should still be good
So I will be going with the Tayler 50 gt for my engine choice and getting the new pipe when it is available :)
Good to know.

good to know...
the ALX would be 3243
Just letting you know I have the RC MAX 50gt, and the metal cage will smash in and bend on the pipe everytime you roll over putting dents all over your exhaust pipe. It caved in on me 3 times so far. It's the clamps and thin metel on the cage that can't handle 90LBs landing on it. Had to manually bend it back with vise grips.

Attachments

• 20211024_005645.jpg
    20211024_005645.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 28
That's a pretty good sized ding on the end of the pipe. I have the engine /pipe ordered so will have to try to be careful with it when I get it installed
I'm on a notification list for when the new pipe becomes available so hopefully it is not too long a wait.
It will be a good winter project to install the engine and go through the rest of the truck to make sure its ready to go for next spring
Was digging through some of my junk in the garage and found a NIB Losi dbxl k&n buggy that I forgot I had so am going to work on that too over the winter lol

That's a pretty good sized ding on the end of the pipe. I have the engine /pipe ordered so will have to try to be careful with it when I get it installed
I'm on a notification list for when the new pipe becomes available so hopefully it is not too long a wait.
It will be a good winter project to install the engine and go through the rest of the truck to make sure its ready to go for next spring
Was digging through some of my junk in the garage and found a NIB Losi dbxl k&n buggy that I forgot I had so am going to work on that too over the winter lol
You know they sell a snow plow that attach to the Raminator so you can plow the snow in the winter. Keeps from back pains from shoveling. Lol

My 50gt was shipped a couple weeks ago but seems to be lost in transit, just my luck lol
Been going through the truck in the meantime doing maintenance on it and have found loose grub screws in the tranny and the diff cup screws were loose too
I see why everyone is modding the diff cup to be able to put nuts on the ends to secure them
I didn’t do it this time but will prob have to do it sooner then later

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks