Tayler or ALX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, DHL wanted money for duty/customs and after I paid it they gave the package to some third party courier and it hasn’t been seen since
I’ll give it another week then I’ll be calling and raising some hell with DHL

To post pics do I need to use one of them picture hosting sites?
I’ve never been able to put pics up on forums cause I don’t use those sites
I do have a few questions to those who have installed this kit
1, are the supplied stainless button head bolts ok to use for the header bolts?
I’ve never had good luck with stainless bolts and button head bolts have way less meat on them then cap bolts do
Just not sure if I should swap those out to steel studs or better bolts
I don’t want those stainless ones to sieze up and strip the heads off
2, I see the header hits the front windshield cross brace and the pipe is close to the rear bed bar and upper rear cab bar
Any issues with these melting?
I’m pretty sure the front bar that is actually rubbing is going to melt
3, the rear pipe bracket and rubber dampener. When installing the pipe the pipe bracket on the pipe seems like it’s too far forward. The rubber dampener has to be forced forwards in order to attach to the pipe
I got it to attach but there is some strain on the rubber dampener as it’s trying to force the pipe back if that makes any sense
The bracket on the pipe should have been about a cm or so more to the rear
Also I wonder why Tayler didn’t make the chassis pipe bracket taller and use the factory rubber dampener
This would have made more room for the fuel tank to be lifted up to clear the air filter
It went together pretty well otherwise

I got it fired up finally today, didn’t actually drive it due to all the snow but it fired up good and seemed to idle fine once warmed up
Is there a way to adjust the fast idle on the carb? Once it fired up it reved up enough to engage the clutch and the darn thing almost went tearing across the yard lol
68DE479F-2FD3-4284-8202-B02882F34F5E.jpeg

The package finally showed up so all is good
Not sure where it was held up at but I got it now
I was sweating a bit thinking that’s a lot of $$$ to lose! Lol
Yes I know that feeling I Lost a losi truggy through the mail $500.00 damn dollars down the drain no reimbursement from post office or eBay or PayPal!!!😡😡😡🤬😡I’m still mad till this day! I think I got rip off and set up………so my advice would be to always get the insurance through the postal service for large items.

I sold an orig rc10 gold pan that was fully restored and had a body that was painted up like the original car and it grew legs too
said it was delivered and the guy swears he never got it lol
I got hosed 500 bucks too :(
lots of crooks out there

My 50gt was shipped a couple weeks ago but seems to be lost in transit, just my luck lol
Been going through the truck in the meantime doing maintenance on it and have found loose grub screws in the tranny and the diff cup screws were loose too
I see why everyone is modding the diff cup to be able to put nuts on the ends to secure them
I didn’t do it this time but will prob have to do it sooner then later
Hi
Sorry, I know this is an old post but seeing as you have had the 50gt for a while in your Raminator. What are your thoughts?

Taylorrc = 80cc or 50cc
OBR = 47cc Fatboy when released

Cheers. Advice would be much appreciated

The Taylor engines are really nice but they are very expensive
They make a 71cc now as well for the raminator and mega truck
The 80 is too much IMO, your just going to destroy the drivetrain, The 71 is going to be borderline
You can still wreck stuff with the 50
I don't have much time on my engine as winter arrived when i got it installed and I haven't run it very much
I should be able to get it out in the next week hopefully as most of the snow is now gone
John Parks would be a good guy to ask about the 50 and 71 as he has both and has run them more then me so far
That OBR engine could be interesting, hopefully it comes in at a better price point and still has good performance
I'm messing around with the stock engine in a mega truck to see how much i can get out of it. Got a 4 petal reed system on it, 1107 carb, bartalone pipe and a better clutch and its showing promise so far but definitely not in the same league as the taylor engines.
I think if someone (even Taylor or OBR) came out with a redesigned top end that fits the stock engine they would have a winner.
IMO the design of the top end on the stock engine is whats holding it back the most and there is only so much that you can do to it to increase performance

Thanks deathrawt for the response.
I'm also worried about the drivetrain with the big engines but for some reason I cant get it out of my mind haha. Hopefully you get it out soon and have a good run. I live in Tasmania, Australia and even though we don't get snow, we do get a lot of sooks (from noise) as it has become a giant retirement village but I just cant put electric in it. The only way I would make it electric is if petrol was non existent hahaha.
OBR have confirmed that in the next few weeks the the engine packages should be done, but I love the aggression of Taylor engine.

Also what is the best way to get in touch with John Parks?
The Taylor engines are really nice but they are very expensive
They make a 71cc now as well for the raminator and mega truck
The 80 is too much IMO, your just going to destroy the drivetrain, The 71 is going to be borderline
You can still wreck stuff with the 50
I don't have much time on my engine as winter arrived when i got it installed and I haven't run it very much
I should be able to get it out in the next week hopefully as most of the snow is now gone
John Parks would be a good guy to ask about the 50 and 71 as he has both and has run them more then me so far
That OBR engine could be interesting, hopefully it comes in at a better price point and still has good performance
I'm messing around with the stock engine in a mega truck to see how much i can get out of it. Got a 4 petal reed system on it, 1107 carb, bartalone pipe and a better clutch and its showing promise so far but definitely not in the same league as the taylor engines.
I think if someone (even Taylor or OBR) came out with a redesigned top end that fits the stock engine they would have a winner.
IMO the design of the top end on the stock engine is whats holding it back the most and there is only so much that you can do to it to increase performance
All good, I found John parks thanks

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks